Menu

Anthony Bourdain has died

PrincessMommy

I just saw this.  I'm very sad over this.  I loved his show....and how he really tried to focus on food as a way to break down barriers.  

His poor daughter. ?

As somebody who has a family member who has had multiple episodes of severe clinical depression, getting them to get help has been impossible.  it's very hard to convince an unhealthy mind that it needs help, sadly.  

• Like 2

I am SO saddened and distraught by this.  Every life is precious, but gosh, I feel like I knew him so well! I've traveled the globe with him in search of the most delicious foods the world has to offer.  I've read his books that were often gritty and realistic, and totally personal.   I've pored through many of his old posts on egullet, and thought I understood so much more about cooking because of him.  ? I read every magazine article I could read that he'd written, watched him guest judge on cooking shows, and gosh golly, if I ever was going to go on a culinary vacation, I wanted it to be with him.  So, so, sad.  The world has lost a great one.  

And found by Eric Ripert? Double UGH.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dotwithaperiod said:

I like the way you use the term risk factors.  For some reason it just seems more caring than drug and booze problem. One thing that I admired about him was the fact that he could speak about it so honestly, what it did to him and his effect on others.

I also remember him saying the most disgusting food was chicken nuggets. Plus his musings on Henry Kissinger re Cambodia. Genius.

Yes. Learning to discuss victims of suicide in compassionate terms is a step towards more compassionate care, which will hopefully decrease stigma and increase protective factors.  Language matters and makes a difference.  I am glad he spoke openly about his struggle with addiction.  We were real fans of his work in this household. He will be missed.  My heart is heavy for his family and his fans today. 

• Like 3