Menu

Trying again

Amira

It looks like they’re working on the groups again.  I’m going to bed, but feel free to post new topics or whatever and I’ll see what’s up in the morning.  I’m hoping things will be back to normal?  Maybe?

30 minutes ago, Jane in NC said:

The Lit Hub posts are now part of the Essential Oils group.  So our posts may be somewhere...

OK that's hilarious.  Maybe I *should* venture into that Vegan Group after all.  To lose all those Political Humor posts really would be a great loss to hive-kind.

• Like 6

I was freaking out when my bookmark to the topics page kept giving me an error. I thought you guys had kicked me out or something.

Finally I thought of going through the forum and the clubs section. I guess our renegade topics section has disappeared and now the original one is working? Is that what happened.

It's sad to think of losing our posts and even sadder to think of people losing their trust in this community and stopping their participation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StellaM said:

Ugh. 

I am a bit worried about all this, tbh. Some of my clubs are  very private by design, b/c people are sharing re very difficult times in their lives, and for all I know, anyone is reading people's posts right now.

Others were private, I joined on that basis, now they are public and people I actively avoid are joining, so I have to leave.

Plus, yeah, bad to lose all the threads here. And there. And everywhere.

I know it's a free service, so we don't really have the right to complain. But I'm complaining anyway. And I'm doing it here b/c I can't post in my ther groups. 

Just goes to show we can't really rely on virtual groups. 

Hugs. I'm a bit unhappy about this too.

I know I should always assume nothing in the internet is truly private. But I was comfortable with the set up we used to have, and never envisioned the current situation. Until this is settled, I'm not posting in a couple of groups. Maybe not then... not sure yet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, goldberry said:

Are they saying anything about work on the clubs?  I didn't see anything.  It would be nice for them to let people know what's up. Especially after everything reappeared and people started using again.

Nothing at all.  

4 hours ago, PinkyandtheBrains. said:

I’d rather private groups be deleted and start over vs. private conversations become public. 

I think this might be the best option.  I posted about this in a new thread.

• Like 1