Menu

Is there anything like Berean Builders or Apologia that's secular?

I haven't used it but someone recently mentioned Catholic Heritage Life Science Novare as being a solid choice. I think it is for older students though. I believe it takes an old earth leaning from what I understood by their review of it.  I am not sure if meets the needs of a charter but Ktgrok it might be something you could look at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nixpix5 said:

I haven't used it but someone recently mentioned Catholic Heritage Life Science Novare as being a solid choice. I think it is for older students though. I believe it takes an old earth leaning from what I understood by their review of it.  I am not sure if meets the needs of a charter but Ktgrok it might be something you could look at.

I would be all over a life science text from Novare/Centripetal Press: it looks to me like the CH book is not a Novare one? 

7 minutes ago, HomeAgain said:

Novare has a secular version called Centripetal Press: https://www.centripetalpress.com/product/physical-science/

I don't know how that compares to Berean Builders, but CP is on our list to use in later years.

Us, too.  Their CP books aren't as gorgeous as the Novare imprint yet, but they said that they'll be able to up the paper & photo quality when the CP imprint begins to sell more copies. 

Okay, now that I've looked up Berean Builders elementary, you might try one of these:

Story Of Science trilogy by Joy Hakim along with Potentially Catastrophic Science for experiments.  PCS is in chronological order but has more experiments closer to modern time than ancient.

Quark Chronicles from Barefoot Meandering. Literature based and faith-neutral.

• Thanks 1

I know what you mean. Science in the Beginning has been our favorite. DS loves science so I’ve been alternating Elemrntal Science and Real Svience Odyssey paid for by our charter. I don’t love either which is why we always jump back and forth. I’ve heard great things about Quark and we’ve enjoyed ELTL so I’m hoping to get it approved as a vendor. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nixpix5 said:

I've heard of them, I think Memoria Press uses Novare? I am not sure why I didn't look into them more before, other than I think I freaking gave up, lol.

14 hours ago, ExcitedMama said:

I know what you mean. Science in the Beginning has been our favorite. DS loves science so I’ve been alternating Elemrntal Science and Real Svience Odyssey paid for by our charter. I don’t love either which is why we always jump back and forth. I’ve heard great things about Quark and we’ve enjoyed ELTL so I’m hoping to get it approved as a vendor. 

We've done elemental and rso. They6are k, but don't always get done. But i like apologia and berean looks really cool.