Menu

Do you know an 'Eeyore'?

Laura Corin

My oldest daughter is an Eeyore/Rabbit mix. 

She always gets grumpy before her drum lesson (even though taking drum lessons was her idea!).  After her last lesson, I reminded her that we were taking February off of drum so she wouldn't have to worry about it for a while.  She replied, "Yeah, but February is the shortest month of the year."   I just had to laugh.  :)

My husband can find the dark cloud for every silver lining. In truth, it's exhausting, knowing that no matter what I want to do, it's the problems, not the possibilities that he sees.

One family joke was born out of his tenancy to exaggerate the negative. He stepped on a melted ice cube in the kitchen and complained that there was a "massive puddle" on the floor. Now, this was a normal sized ice cube, and while it is annoying to step on melted ice cubes, the puddle it created can in no way be called "massive", especially by someone who likes to kill jokes by pointing out where they are inaccurate. Anyway, now when anyone drops ice, we say "Hurry, pick up the future massive puddle!"

'Every silver lining has a dark cloud' , I've described my MIL that way.    It is not the least bit endearing.  

My husband can find the dark cloud for every silver lining. In truth, it's exhausting, knowing that no matter what I want to do, it's the problems, not the possibilities that he sees.

One family joke was born out of his tenancy to exaggerate the negative. He stepped on a melted ice cube in the kitchen and complained that there was a "massive puddle" on the floor. Now, this was a normal sized ice cube, and while it is annoying to step on melted ice cubes, the puddle it created can in no way be called "massive", especially by someone who likes to kill jokes by pointing out where they are inaccurate. Anyway, now when anyone drops ice, we say "Hurry, pick up the future massive puddle!"

'Every silver lining has a dark cloud' , I've described my MIL that way.    It is not the least bit endearing.  

That kind of sounds like bipolar.... not trying to diagnose, but that seems like the perfect description of bipolar.

I’m pretty sure he isn’t bipolar. 😊 I think his natural disposition is a bit of Eeoyore but when he is well rested and happily fed the Tigger comes out. If he is even slightly tired or hungry he is full on Eeoyre.