Menu

When does Flu season reach full swing? How's it going so far in your area?

February-March is the peak isn't it? I don't think it really gets going until up in the winter--maybe even January. Of course, I am talking about actual influenza. A lot of people get a bad cold virus and assume it is the flu, but it often isn't I think. Year before last I got the flu in February, and when I went to a busy Dr. in Louisville, Ky (a large city), I think I was their first case or at least one of the first. They didn't test me to confirm because they didn't have any test kits, but she was as sure as she could be that I had it.

It is interesting, because I tend to think of the flu as coming earlier in the season, but it doesn't. It comes mid-late winter.

Edited by Tracy in Ky

Our family had Strain A last March, in Raleigh, NC. So we caught ours near the end of the season. My 5 yr old, 2 yr old, and 4 month old got it. We got it diagnosed when my 4 month old had it, 104.1 fever we went to the ER. My husband, myself, and my oldest daughter took TamiFlu and did not catch it, and it significantly reduced my 2 yr olds case of it since she was taking it as well.

Jan/Feb in Texas. We got it last Feb., and it was terrible for those of us who got it. Our youngest was immediately put on Tamiflu at the first sign of a fever, and that is some awesome stuff. By the afternoon of his first dose he did not have any symptoms and reminded healthy after that day. If the test had not come back positive I would never have suspected flu.

Wendy-Mommy to 3 munchkins