Menu

crisis averted

SparklyUnicorn

I order my coffee on subscription from Amazon.  It's a special low acid coffee.  So I just went to open the bag and it was beans!  I order the ground coffee.  I had to go to the store and buy a coffee grinder.  Grrrrr....

So..Amazon said keep it and they'll send me another.  It's a 5 pound bag of coffee. 

If this had happened tomorrow...that would have been really bad.  I guess I would have resorted to the regular stuff rather than not drink coffee. 

Whew!

• Like 7

DH sent me a link for some ground Starbucks coffee he wanted for Christmas. When ds12 and I got to Starbucks, they only had the whole bean bags. I called DH and asked if that would be ok and he got all excited, “They have whole bean there! Awesome! I thought they only had the ground stuff. Definately get me the whole bean!â€

Now that you have a grinder, you might like the whole bean stuff better. But only grind what you can use in a week at the most. It’s best fresh. (I’m not a coffee drinker, but that’s what I’ve been told.)

DH sent me a link for some ground Starbucks coffee he wanted for Christmas. When ds12 and I got to Starbucks, they only had the whole bean bags. I called DH and asked if that would be ok and he got all excited, “They have whole bean there! Awesome! I thought they only had the ground stuff. Definately get me the whole bean!â€

Now that you have a grinder, you might like the whole bean stuff better. But only grind what you can use in a week at the most. It’s best fresh. (I’m not a coffee drinker, but that’s what I’ve been told.)

Yeah sadly, I'm not enjoying it AT ALL.  The way they do it it comes out super super fine.  I suspect the coffee doesn't have a ton of flavor and grinding it super fine helps a bit.  We can't seem to get it that fine and I'm finding it's very tasteless.  Like drinking hot water.  *sigh*

It's a low acid coffee.  Not bad tasting, but very different than the regular stuff.  Better than no coffee at least. 

But really this low acid coffee has been so great because I LOVE coffee and it is certainly better than no coffee! I have gotten used to the taste. I accidentally poured myself some regular the other day and I thought it tasted weird.

You can also take the beans to the grocery store and grind the beans there. You could take it to a coffee shop and tell them your dilemma, too, and they might regrind then. I know the grocery store grinder has a sign on it asking people not to regrind the grounds, but maybe the coffee shop would do it. Go when it's slow and buy a muffin. [emoji4]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk