Menu

Who’s going to tackle Saturday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

•run to grocery store (Went shopping yesterday but forgot a key ingredient for tonight's dinner, so back I go...grrr)

•order Christmas lights (Tried to get some at Walmart yesterday, but found out they stopped selling them after Thanksgiving. I guess they think everyone has their decorating done by then.  :confused1: )

•work with horses

•work on puppy training

•put up Christmas tree

•do some cleaning

•dinner: Buddha bowls w/crispy peanut tofu and sesame eggplant

•watch hockey tonight 

• Like 2

Good afternoon! I took dd2 in for a short practice and went to Trader Joe’s for a few things and fun stuff for the college kids (plus my honorary one). Came home to ds3 putting up the tree and all decorations. Woo hoo! Wrote notes to all and mailed the packages.

Now some laundry and a little cleaning, and a little college football.

Have a great day!

• Like 3

Well, it's after 2 and decorating hasn't yet begun, so dinner will be much simpler than originally planned. 

Unless dh volunteers to take kids to choir practice?! Then I could stay home and make real food. But he is out and around and may not reappear any time soon. He did already vacuum thoroughly, take out the trash and make the bed. 

• Like 2

Back from the grocery store. I also picked up new garbage cans and mason jars when I was in town.

Got some teen driving practice done.

Stopped at McDonalds and got coffee and smoothies for all.

Dh and dd got the Christmas tree up and put one of our puppy playpens around it. So far, it's successfully keeping the puppies at bay.

• Like 2

I was doing a rough cut of her fur because her fur is too dense for clippers to get through.  And I accidentally cut her.  I didn't realize it at first because she didn't even flinch.  But now I feel terrible about it.  And about the cost. 

Aww, sorry that happened. I've had a few mishaps like that myself. Let's just say that when my dogs see me getting the clippers or the nail trimmers out, they run the other way.  :blushing:  I'm glad that it sounds like she's doing okay! 

• Like 2

Aww, sorry that happened. I've had a few mishaps like that myself. Let's just say that when my dogs see me getting the clippers or the nail trimmers out, they run the other way.  :blushing:  I'm glad that it sounds like she's doing okay! 

You're making me feel better.  Yes fortunately it cut just the skin.  But she still needed to be stitched back up.  The thing was, we can't afford taking her to groomer and I was saving money.  But a groomer is cheaper than a late night visit to the vet. 

• Like 1

kitchen - handwashing, counters wiped, stove cleaned.

laundry - wet clothes put in the dryer

paperwork aka school stuff - got out microscope and reviewed it's parts.  Looked up the microscope manufacturer and downloaded it's inadequate manual.  I'm a bit frustrated because the objectives are not marked with the magnification on them so I'm trying to figure that out. 

• Like 1

Today I did another cabinet front with the Murphy's oil soap mixture.  Yesterday I was in a puddle of pain afterwards.  It hasn't hit me yet today but hopefully it won't be as bad.  It took me hours to recover yesterday.  But I'm thinking that this is my version of P90X.  ;)  - Chronic Illness style.  So 2/16 or 1/8 of the way done with this project.

Went through my microscope stuff.  Found the slides and cover slips I need.  And found methylene blue.  But no immersion oil and I'm not finding a local supplier.  But then I'm not sure if I have an oil immersion lens so it might be irrelevant. 

• Like 2

My house is about 2/3 decorated. We will get a real tree next weekend. I'll finish the small stuff tomorrow.

Did a little shopping, but not much actual buying, tonight during kids' choir rehearsal. Dd is feeling puny, so homemade chx noodle soup, zinc and early bedtime for her.

• Like 3

Called Comcast yesterday but otherwise a bit lazy, dropped off old adapters today, had a tech out to run a new cable line-- apparently that's part of the reason service has been so bad!  Put a small strand of lights over the banister-- the light at the top of the stairs went out and I haven't gotten around to fixing it since I need to turn off the breaker first (loose socket) and it's making me happy.

I rediscovered my spot-i-fy playlists. I am totally seat dancing right now. 

Also, I got one of the shoes I ordered for my nieces for Christmas-- they sent the wrong one for the other pair-- and they are so cuuuuuuute. Sparkly. Rainbow. Flats. Yes. 

• Like 1