Menu

Slim Fit Dress Shirts for Boys

domestic_engineer

What size?

My boys are skinny and we bought theirs at Marshall’s and Sears Outlet because the cutting for the different brands are all different for the white long sleeve shirts. We look for those marked irregulars as those tend to be longer than the correct size which makes it slim enough for our kids.

One of my older boys is tall and slim so we always go for slim fit with a smidgen of lycra material mixed in. They just seem to fit so much better. It has been a while since I had to buy one for a child but I know Amazon, sometimes Gymboree, Sears, Macys, and even Fred Meyer has carried them in the past.

I buy ds23s dress shirts at a store in the mall named Buckle.  I know it is a chain, but I'm not sure if it is all over the US.  I like that the shirts have some detail to them and look more modern for a teen/young 20yo instead of a classic plain dress shirt. Ds has very long arms and is thin. It is hard to find shirts that fit him right.  I can always find something there.  A bit of a warning if you haven't shopped there before....it is a tad expensive, but since men's styles are more stable that girls styles, he gets more years out of them than my daughter does. 

• Like 1

What size? My skinniest gets 13 1/2 men's dress shirts which are very skinny from Express in the mall. My boys that need 14/14.5 get them from Van Heiden, the ones that say slim fit.

I never found them any smaller than that so when they were in boys 14-18 I took them in in the sides which was a pain but no other options were available here.

• Like 1

The slim cut men's express clothes look really sharp on young men!  There is SO little available in large boy's sizes for any build.  My 17 year old could probably still wear the biggest boy sizes but I was really happy when he moved to men's because the selection is much better.  Expensive though!  Watch for sales/coupons/close outs.

I recently bought my son two slim-fit dress shirts from Kohl's, size 10-12 or 12-14. I'll check the brand and post tomorrow.

The shirts are Chaps brand, sz 10-12. My ds16 weighs 92 lbs so he's pretty slim. Looks great with or without a tie.

Edited by samba