Menu

Diagnose me

OnMyOwn

I post mostly on the high school and college boards, but I've had something weird happen and thought maybe someone here had experienced something similar. I don't want to head to the doctor unless absolutely necessary.

Twice in the last few weeks, I have bent from the waist to pick something up off of the ground and it feels like, in the area right under the left side of my my ribcage, one of my internal organs has flipped upside down. It is a very odd feeling and I've never experienced anything like this before. It is very painful and I will have to stay bent over for a minute or so and then I can very slowly straighten back up. I wind up with a little soreness in that area for a few days after, but then everything seems normal again. Has anyone else had this happen or have any idea what it could be?

I sometimes feel a pull at the base of my rib cage when I bend or twist. It is like something got caught and twisted and then didn't go back the right way. It can lead to abdominal spasms that are super painful. I have to apply pressure and stay very still. Does it sound like that? I had some tears/pulls in that area after an extended illness with really bad coughing.

I also have a hernia, but in another area (weird gap/misalignment leading into stomach). I am slowly falling apart over here.

I felt like that after having a c-section, it was strange! I assume you didn't recently have a c-section though. I hope you can figure it out!

Oh yeah, I have that too. They didn't line everything up quite right when they closed up. I still feel a pinch now and then, but not as much pain these days. The baby is 13!

• Like 1