Menu

Help me pick a face cream

saraha

Can you help me pick a face cream?  I have never used anything but soap and water on my face, but I am 40 now with signs of rosacea, and getting some wrinkles between my eyes on my forehead.  The skin under my eyes is also getting really sensitive.  I have seen all kinds of ads in magazines, but don't really know what to get.  I have $20 ish to spend at a chain drugstore.

Thanks!

Do you mean a cleansing cream or a moisturizer?  I have always used soap and water to wash my face, too.  I'm 51 and still do.  If you mean moisturizer, the best I've found is one that the sisters at St. John Greek Orthodox Monastery make and sell.  It's divine.  Thick and creamy and all-natural.  And inexpensive!  (Even with shipping, actually -- even with shipping it's less than half what I used to pay for Burt's Bees face cream.)  

Here's a link.  

• Like 1

Are you treating your rosacea? I used prescription Metrogel for about 8 years and finally switched to OTC Prosacea due to the cost. After using that for 3 years, my rosacea abated enough that I rarely use the Prosacea. I'm not saying it will "cure" rosacea, as my experience may have been caused by other things (mineral makeup, moving from a dry climate), but it was effective for my mostly mild rosacea.

Clinique made me break out and was awful for my skin. I have used Oil of Olay's Regeneration line for years, often subbing Walmart's version (Equate brand) of the same--Regenerating Serum, Deep Hydration, and cream cleanser. (Do buy the Walmart version for your budget, I find them interchangeable!)

• Like 1