Menu

Nutrisystem .. wasn't someone here doing this recently ?

Peaceful Isle

Help. :) I can't seem to remember , but I know someone here said they were doing nutrisystem.

What was the verdict ? I am thinking about it myself but it is such a high cost I would love to know how it went.

I did it once. Lost, IDK, about 30lb. I might have continued except that I was tired of eating cardboard... :blink: Also, when I finished doing NutriSystem, my total cholesterol was over 300. Two months of Atkins brought it down 100 points.

Turns out that Weight Watchers is better for me, because I eat the food I actually have at home (there are lots of prepared foods, but I didn't buy them), which means I'll be able to maintain better (I hope).

• Like 1

I'm currently on it, on the Uniquely Yours plan. My husband is also on the men's UY plan. We started in June. I've lost an even 20 pounds; dh has lost 35.

Yes, it is expensive, and I'll be going off the plan next month since I'm close to my goal. Dh will stay on it a little longer. But it is easy to follow, and the best part is that we never feel hungry.

The PLAN consists of more than just eating their food. So if you just buy their food at Wal-Mart or something, you need to know HOW to use it properly. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy.

My dh's cholesterol and A1C levels have dropped, and his prediabetes is under control.

Word to the wise: the frozen foods are generally better than the shelf stable foods. There's only been about three meals I've tried that I didn't like. Everything else I really like.

Any specific questions I can answer for you?

Edited by Kinsa

I just couldn't do it.  I tried.  I am sure I didn't give it a fair shake, but I just couldn't get into the food.  It was high in wheat products and my digestive issues got bad.  

I am on WW now....kind of.....need to get it together for this week, I loosely started last week, but we went out of town and ate out and that always throws me.

I lost 35 pounds on it. I didn't use it 100%. I frequently at dinner with the family. It worked very well for me. I had an issue with portion control and emotional eating, and it got me over that. 

At the 35 pound point, I found out that I was gluten intolerant, so I had to stop doing primarily that. They have a few gluten free items that I still keep around as fill-ins. I went on and lost another 20 pounds and still use some Nutrisystem items for convenience. I went from 210 down to 155, which is a good weight because I'm 5'9" and menopausal.

Yes, it's expensive, but my blood work and arthritis are much, much better when I'm thin. That's worth something.

• Like 1

Nutrisystem tasted awful to me.

I lost 60 pounds in ~3 months, and another 30 in the next 3 months, and have kept it off for 15 years (except 10 lbs that i re-gained and my body apparently likes to hang on to). I have a normal BMI and am 5'2", am now 59 years old.

It wasn't nutrisystem, or even L.A. Weightloss (which was better than nutrisystem imo) that helped me lose the weight. I went vegan, and not only did the weight fall off, but my health improved in just about all ways.

I have never gone hungry since going vegan; I eat when I'm hungry. I eat a huge variety of food, so much more delicious, colorful, and healthy than my old 'meat and 2 sides' meals. I feel great, do yoga daily, feel 20 years younger than my age.

Dh, adult Ds and my daughter-in-law have all been vegan for 15 years, too. (Daughter in law for 7-8 years, actually.) We're all healthy (knock wood).

Now I know that most of you will now automatically hate me because I'm a vegan, but I couldn't resist throwing my story into the ring.

This 21-day vegan challenge is free, healthy, and pretty easy, designed by cardiologists and other vegan doctors...

http://www.pcrm.org/kickstartHome/mealplan/week-1

Best of luck OP on your weight loss journey, however you decide. <3

Edited by Sandwalker

Nutrisystem tasted awful to me.

I lost 60 pounds in ~3 months, and another 30 in the next 3 months, and have kept it off for 15 years (except 10 lbs that i re-gained and my body apparently likes to hang on to). I have a normal BMI and am 5'2", am now 59 years old.

It wasn't nutrisystem, or even L.A. Weightloss (which was better than nutrisystem imo) that helped me lose the weight. I went vegan, and not only did the weight fall off, but my health improved in just about all ways.

I have never gone hungry since going vegan; I eat if I'm hungry. I eat a huge variety of food, so much more delicious, colorful, and healthy than my old 'meat and 2 sides' meals. I feel great, do yoga daily, feel 20 years younger than my age.

Dh, adult Ds and my daughter-in-law have all been vegan for 15 years, too. (Daughter in law for 7-8 years, actually.) We're all healthy (knock wood).

Now I know that most of you will now automatically hate me because I'm a vegan, but I couldn't resist throwing my story into the ring.

This is free, healthy, and pretty easy....https://secure2.convio.net/pcrm/site/SPageNavigator/Kickstart/Kickstart%20Forms/ga_21day_vegan_kic

Best of luck OP on your weight loss journey. <3

Not sure why you think being vegan would bring on the hate...Your link is broken for me. I am vegan 90% of the time and have a bit of weight to lose so I would like to see what you are linking to!

My husband is considering Nutrisystem so I am appreciating this thread.