Menu

Would a Costco member pm me?

Familia

Hello!

Our dishwasher is broken.  Dh wants to look at a model at Costco.  We will renew our membership if the price for the dishwasher is competitive.

If it isn't too much trouble, could someone with a Costco membership be willing to pm me with the price of this model:

https://www.costco.com/Whirlpool-Dishwasher-Total-Coverage-Spray-Arm-with-Third-Level-Rack-in-Fingerprint-Resistant-Stainless.product.100363828.html

Thank you so much!

That comes up as $599.99 for me. I'm not sure where you are though, and we have noticed as much as a 25% difference in regional prices at Costco - in physical stores. I'm not sure if that would apply online, if those prices are standard across the board or if they vary them based on member locations.

• Like 2

That comes up as $599.99 for me. I'm not sure where you are though, and we have noticed as much as a 25% difference in regional prices at Costco - in physical stores. I'm not sure if that would apply online, if those prices are standard across the board or if they vary them based on member locations.

Oh, that is a good idea.  I will go there in person tomorrow.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Oh, that is a good idea. I will go there in person tomorrow.

Thank you!

You're welcome. I hope it's good news.

I was stunned to realize my SIL always paid 25% less for diapers and most foods - it made me stock up at Costco whenever we were in a lower COL area.

There's one item we buy once a year (crazy expensive refills for an air filter) - the savings on that actually pay for our membership and we still pay less overall than we would paying retail! Without that, we'd have left Costco long ago.

Edited by Spryte
  • Like 1

Costco might still have their day pass.  You used to be able to get a pass 1 time a year without a fee.  

AFAIK..They will also refund the unused portion of a membership if you ask.  You can sign up for a year, and use it for a few weeks, then ask for a refund of the remaining 11 months. 

I would never, ever buy from Best Buy.  They have a horrible reputation in our area for warranty and jerking customers around.  Costco on the other hand has been wonderful when ever I need to exchange or return an item.  Plus they often extend the manufacturer's warranties. 

Groupon also just had a Costco deal. I am not sure if it has expired yet, but it was a really good deal where the membership was something like $25 if you used the coupons they gave out with it. 

• Like 2

Costco might still have their day pass.  You used to be able to get a pass 1 time a year without a fee.  

AFAIK..They will also refund the unused portion of a membership if you ask.  You can sign up for a year, and use it for a few weeks, then ask for a refund of the remaining 11 months. 

I would never, ever buy from Best Buy.  They have a horrible reputation in our area for warranty and jerking customers around.  Costco on the other hand has been wonderful when ever I need to exchange or return an item.  Plus they often extend the manufacturer's warranties. 

Groupon also just had a Costco deal. I am not sure if it has expired yet, but it was a really good deal where the membership was something like $25 if you used the coupons they gave out with it. 

Great tips, thank you!  Especially the Groupon, I will definitely look into that!  DH is pretty sure about our Best Buy purchase.  Never purchased from them...we shall see how it goes. At least we won't have to rely on their service (unless we get a real lemon and have to return) as dh will do all the install/service himself.  I certainly do hope they deliver an intact/undamaged product, though.  That can be a problem with poor vendors.

I'm just thrilled they still come in actual half gallon containers.

But, they do MAKE you purchase two at a time...all those extra, extra creamy milkshakes we are forced to eat=)

• Like 1