Menu

Hello Fresh boo boo

Night Elf

I've made 5 meals so far and all of them have been delicious. Last night I learned I like pesto sauce! Anyway, so far I've gotten green beans, potatoes and zucchini in the bags and they've all been fine. Last night I got broccoli. It didn't look good. It looked yellow and I never saw yellow broccoli before. I looked up baby broccoli online and all the pictures were green. So I decided to toss it and use frozen broccoli I just happened to have. I've read reviews of Hello Fresh of the veggies not looking good but this was the first bag I've seen with something not good. The end dish was delicious though.

Ew. I don't suppose it was purple cauliflower, which can be a sort of bright yellow/orange color? (Or, as the name implies, purple.)

You can contact them. I haven't had any issues, but someone I knew had a box be messed up and they did something... gave her a credit or something, I think.

Ew. I don't suppose it was purple cauliflower, which can be a sort of bright yellow/orange color? (Or, as the name implies, purple.)

You can contact them. I haven't had any issues, but someone I knew had a box be messed up and they did something... gave her a credit or something, I think.

It was called Sweet Baby Broccoli. If I have any other problems, I will contact them. I was able to substitute with my own food so it turned out okay. Tonight's dinner has potatoes and zucchini and they both look good. 

• Like 1

Yay! I'm glad you're liking the meals. Call them and let them know about the broccoli - maybe you'll get a discount on your next box?

I'm getting my second box today. We liked our box last week a lot! One dish was the stir fry beef (did you have that meal?) and it was really good. My 18yo prepared it and if you just read the ingredient list you wouldn't think it was going to be anything special but oh my goodness it was so flavorful! Definitely something we will make again on our own!

Yay! I'm glad you're liking the meals. Call them and let them know about the broccoli - maybe you'll get a discount on your next box?

I'm getting my second box today. We liked our box last week a lot! One dish was the stir fry beef (did you have that meal?) and it was really good. My 18yo prepared it and if you just read the ingredient list you wouldn't think it was going to be anything special but oh my goodness it was so flavorful! Definitely something we will make again on our own!

No, I skipped last week. There weren't 3 meals we were excited about. This week we had:

"Little Ears" Pasta with sweet italian sausage

Chicken under a zucchini blanket

Melty Monterey Jack burgers 

No, I skipped last week. There weren't 3 meals we were excited about. This week we had:

"Little Ears" Pasta with sweet italian sausage

Chicken under a zucchini blanket

Melty Monterey Jack burgers

I really liked the Chicken under a zucchini blanket. The chicken turned out super moist.

Okay, I did a live chat and told them what happened. She said it didn't happen often and she'd pass the complaint along to the team responsible for the food. Then she gave me a $10 credit on my next box. Woo!

This happened to me with Home Chef (which I also really like).  They immediately gave me a credit for a different meal, and I've only ever had a problem with that one meal.  I appreciated how promptly they responded and made amends.