Menu

How do you disinfect your hard wood floors?

I take it your floors are sealed? While I'd hesitate, you could use a steamer--no cleaning solution to buy, immediately dries, and it disinfects. Until someone walks on it, of course! :D

You can use vinegar and water with a mop if you wring out the mop very, very well.

I don't really worry about disinfecting my floors because they get germs almost immediately. For those accidents that invariably come with an animal, I just use regular Mr. Clean or vinegar.

When we had hardwood floors we used Methylated Spirits which I believe you call Denatured Alcohol. About 1/2 a cup in about 1/2 a bucket of hot hot water. It works really well to clean them.

Not sure about the disinfectant properties because to be honest I think homes cleaned of germs are less healthy than those not disinfected. You won't see any disinfectant products in my home.

However, given the main ingredients are super hot water and alcohol I'm guessing it does a pretty good bug killing job.

When we had hardwood floors we used Methylated Spirits which I believe you call Denatured Alcohol. About 1/2 a cup in about 1/2 a bucket of hot hot water. It works really well to clean them.

Not sure about the disinfectant properties because to be honest I think homes cleaned of germs are less healthy than those not disinfected. You won't see any disinfectant products in my home.

However, given the main ingredients are super hot water and alcohol I'm guessing it does a pretty good bug killing job.

We feel the same way. We buy our hand soaps and dishwashing soaps from Target. The brand is Method.

Holly