Menu

Not sure what we will find tomorrow

school17777

My aunt recently moved about two hours from me and also my mom. My aunt and her husband went back to their old house in the middle of the country. They left their cats at their new place with a water feeder (I think, I don't remember exactly what it is), food, and several litter boxes. They expected to be home last week, but on their way back, my uncle had to go to the er and is still there possibly waiting for surgery. So, my aunt is overnighting her keys to my father's (he lives in a more urban area and we thought they'd come quicker there and it's on the way anyway) and my mom and I are going to pick them up to go check on the cats tomorrow. My aunt said they had enough provisions to last them until Wednesday. My mom is still afraid that something may have happened to them in the meantime. So, what do we do if something did happen to them?

I think my mom is going to bring her carriers and try to catch them and take them back to her house. I don't know if that will happen as the cats are hard to catch - they don't normally come around to new people.

Cats can be fairly independent. I bet you'll find whiny cats and foul litter boxes.  My cat, when I leave on vacation, complains and cuddles up to the cat sitter as if she's SO LONELY.  When I'm here, she ignores me.  Whatever, kitty cat.

Perhaps some canned tuna would help your mom get them in the carriers.

• Like 8

Cats can be fairly independent. I bet you'll find whiny cats and foul litter boxes. My cat, when I leave on vacation, complains and cuddles up to the cat sitter as if she's SO LONELY. When I'm here, she ignores me. Whatever, kitty cat.

Perhaps some canned tuna would help your mom get them in the carriers.

Hoping this is what we will find! A can of tuna is a great idea. I will put one in my purse right now so I don't forget it tomorrow.

• Like 1

We are here! Cats are fat and healthy. They had plenty of water left, but ate all their food! A whole bag full that was left in containers and left open for them. We gave fresh water and food. They expect to be home by Friday. No messes! Everything was done in the boxes.

What a relief and happy surprise!

• Like 2

Once we went on a trip, and my mom couldn't find our cat Tiger before we left. We were gone at least a week, I think it was 11 days.

Our neighbor and cat sitter LOVED cats and searched everywhere for Tiger. Put up signs. Everything. When we got home my mom heard weak meowing. Turns out the cat was locked in a dresser draw for 11 days. The wool sweaters in the draw are destroyed.

She was thin as can be and so very thirsty. But she was fine.

Once we went on a trip, and my mom couldn't find our cat Tiger before we left. We were gone at least a week, I think it was 11 days.

Our neighbor and cat sitter LOVED cats and searched everywhere for Tiger. Put up signs. Everything. When we got home my mom heard weak meowing. Turns out the cat was locked in a dresser draw for 11 days. The wool sweaters in the draw are destroyed.

She was thin as can be and so very thirsty. But she was fine.

Oh my goodness! Glad she survived!