Menu

I always plan on hd'ing throughout the summer, but...

Misha

We took off 6 weeks last summer and spent 4 with Grandma and Granddad, so we really only had a "home summer" for 2 weeks. I thought it was good and wanted to do it again this year.

BUT one kid went to math camp for 4 weeks, the other kids went to visit grandparents in the middle, there is still Boy Scout camp, and we're going on a big road trip for the eclipse. It looks like this is going to be a long summer.

Emily

• Like 1

Me! Me!

Every summer for the past 16 years.

During the year I say, "No worries, I'll just make it up in the summer."

Then the summer just gets away from me.

Fortunately, I've graduated 3 now and somehow, all of them managed to get educated enough to do very well.

Today's school consisted of reading for one kid and piano practice for the other and swim practice for both. I just hope to do as well again tomorrow.

I just keep making my plans and doing my best and it just keeps turning out okay.

• Like 2

I set a low goal of math 3x a week during the summer on the weeks we are home (might be different for each kid due to camps etc). And music practice and quiet reading daily. Anything beyond that is just never going to happen. And there are weeks we don't even make it 3 days with math. But since we don't totally stop either we don't have to review.

• Like 2

We were doing moderately well, but were on shaky ground. Still, it was our best summer yet, what with having the boys practice their handwriting and keep up with some math and science stuff that we'd put off till summer.

And then we hosted an exchange student for a month (he leaves tomorrow--sob!) and everything got tossed to the side. I really thought that we'd still do a bit of school while he was here, but that was just crazy talk.

Yep.  Great plans that just never seem to happen.

The kids are reading most days and getting lots of exercise, but that's about all I can claim.  

We started out okay, but then 4-H Fair, swim team, and general busyness happened.   Add in I'm severely anemic and keep having doctors appointments, and we really aren't very motivated to get things done.