Menu

Concise title for AOPS on transcript?

DS took AOPS Intro to C&P and NT and I need the title of the course to fit on 1 line in a little box on his transcript or it throws off the look of the whole thing. I wanted to use the title "Honors Intro to Counting, Probability, and Number Theory" but that is too long and it isn't fitting. Can I call it Honors Intro to Discrete Math? Or is that not accurate? Any other suggestions?

1.Leave off "honors" and explain the level in the course description or use a specific font or label that you can explain in the notes section of your transcript (italic etc).

2. List the courses separately for a half credit each

Counting And Probability (0.5 cr)

Number Theory (0.5 cr)

Copy the AoPS course descriptioins into your course description file.

3. Call it "Discrete Math" and explain what it is comprised of in the course description.

Edited by regentrude
  • Like 5

I'd probably call it Discrete Math I, for brevity's sake.

Does he intend to continue with the courses? If he has no intention of doing the intermediate classes/books, then I might not even include the I.

He would like to, but we discovered AOPS too late (not til sophomore year of high school) and he decided it was a higher priority for him to move on to their Calculus.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk