Menu

Homeschool Victory

When I pulled DCs out of ps a year ago, the principal cried and apologized for "failing (my) children". I promised her that wasn't the case, as we worked closely for 5 yrs. She said she respected my choice and wished her own daughter would homeschool the grandchild.

Forward to yesterday: Mrs. Principal asked how kids and I were doing: academics, happiness, etc. Said she's proud of me and hopes we continue.

This is an Exemplary Rated school and the principal is advocating homeschool!

I hope everyone gets this affirmation, as we all deserve the pat on the back!

Sounds better than the Principal at my kids school. When I pulled mine she could barely talk to me let alone say something supportive.

Truly. My DS's principal couldn't have cared less. I was removing my son because the school was completely dysfunctional, and she just didn't give a rip.

my neighbor across the street just pulled her 5th grader out of ps- after following a funny road all year of announcing, out of the blue to me: "I could never homeschool them"...!! She finally pulled her son out because of bullying- she tried working with the school, talked to the principal, talked to one of her son's friends..it was getting worse. His teacher did cry and took it personally. Finally, she told my neighbor that she was doing the wrong thing, and teaching him that when you have problems you just run away. !! and, she told my neighbor that kids needed to get a tough skin and learn to get along in the real world!!!

My neighbor did a really good job countering all that with logic. I doubt she got through to the teacher, though- she seemed to only see things one way.