Menu

Arm band holder for phone?

Tap

Dh wants an arm band holder for his phone while running, I have no idea what features to look for.  Any suggestions?  He has a thin athletic build and Galaxy S6 phone if it matters. :0)

• Like 1

I saw a guy running in our huge rural subdivision, with one of those on his left arm, a week or 2 ago. Suggest that you look on the web site of that huge Sporting Goods web site (I can't remember the name of it as I write this) for ideas.  It was up high, near his left shoulder, on his upper arm. 

I wanted one that was easily adjustable around my arm and that protected my phone while also being able to use the buttons while I was wearing it.  He wants it to be easy to take off even when sweaty and for it to be simple to get his phone in and out of it. 

Every one I looked at met those standards. I bought one for about $10 from Amazon and it worked fine.  I don't know if the $40 ones would have been better but I'm ok with the one I have. I have an iPhone 5 (I like small phones!) so a heavier phone might need stronger elastic than mine had, or it might slide down his arm while running. 

I have one but I have recently switched to a flip belt

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Me, too. I have bluetooth earbuds now so a flip belt works better for me. Plus I can wear it while working in the yard so I can listen to podcasts while I work. And not worry about a weird tan line on my upper left arm. g

• Like 1

Tune Belt makes one that fit my iPhone in its Otterbox case. There was a clear plastic cover so you could still use the screen. I ended up switching to a belt from Amphipod because the arm band ended up chafing something fierce when I switched to a running tank top in the summer. Were it not for the chafing, the Tune Belt one was awesome. They make several different sizes that fit just about every phone out there.

I'd also suggest stopping by a local running store. Then you can try it out before you buy it. That's how I ended up with the Amphipod belt. :)

Edited by mamaraby
  • Like 1