Menu

Gregg Allman has died

gaillardia

At only 69 from liver cancer.

He was one of the first few rockers I listened to when starting to choose my favorites. Jessica comes to mind, which was written by Dickey Betts. But Melissa is another favorite, mostly the music not so much the lyrics.

Anyone else care to share their favorite Gregg Allman or Allman Brothers tune?

Edited by Gaillardia

That whole southern rock thing was huge in my going up years in the 70's. I got on Spotify yeasterday and played their hits for ds, and cranked them up nice an loud....on the computer speakers. Where were some big stereo speakers when I needed them?

May he Rest In Peace.

I was a huge fan of the Allman Brothers as well as southern rock in general. Back in the day, southern rock was popular in my crowd. I was sad to hear this last night. 

I love Melissa.

When I posted on facebook, I linked to a video of him singing that song. It's my favorite.

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 1

This made me sad, too.

So many shows, back in the day. I remember watching the night sky in NM, at a show, sort of off to the side. That music was like falling into the stars. (And, why yes, I was straight edge and sober.)

• Like 2

I can remember seeing him sing Midnight Rider (one of my favorites) on the Sonny and Cher show in possibly 1973. (?) Something like that. Sweet Melissa and I'm No Angel are other favorites. I knew he had been ill, but was still saddened by his passing. RIP

Edited by JBJones