Menu

NM, thanks for answering

TX Native

I came on the forum just to chill and read updates on a couple threads I had commented on recently. I had a couple of "likes" as early as a couple hours ago on one thread, but it says the thread can't be found and I don't have permission to read the post when I click to pull up my comment so I can catch up from where I last posted. Now I can't find the thread on the listing and I am a teeny tiny bit annoyed, because I am tad curious how the thread turned out. I don't think there was anything controversial in the thread and it wasn't heated to my knowledge. There were some differences of opinion, but not on a hot topic and it didn't contain deep personal info-so nothing I would guess would have caused admin to lock or delete it. Do threads just disappear? I don't really NEED to catch up on this, and out of respect to OP, I don't want to know details if the thread got heated and it is gone because the OP requested its removal. If the latter is the case, I didn't know one could request the removal of a post since I always see "do not quote" requests on threads with sensitive or detailed personal info. I had once posted sensitive info on a thread and regretted it after the fact, so just PM'd the couple people who quoted me and asked them to delete my quotes. Just curious for an answer to how the thread possibly disappeared, not any details about the specific thread if the thread ended up becoming heated or hurtful.

Edited by TX native

SWB will delete threads sometimes if someone has broken forum rules-- It is quicker and easier than going through and deleting individual posts and her time is limited. I have no idea what thread you are referencing but would guess things went downhill.

• Like 1

And individuals can request their thread be deleted as well, especially if it contains sensitive information or metastasized.

Edited by Arctic Mama

Thanks for answering the question. I was just curious if It likely got deleted by mods-which I couldn't imagine on this topic, OP requested its deletion-which I also couldn't imagine (but a lot could change in a seemingly innocent thread in under 24 hours), or was something awry with my account.

If it's the thread I was just looking for, I can see how it stopped being JAWM and became a pile on...

Yeah, I was looking for one that had metastasized, as Arctic Mama put it, and seemed to be headed towards a pile on.  

And it's sort of amazing what people get up in arms about.  Probably some people will be hurt and angry about the use of the word "metastasized" in this context, now that I think about it.  But it seems appropriate for what happens to some of these threads.