Menu

Best smart watch?

maize

Fitbit Surge is pretty easy to use, more intuitive and less techie than most.  No secret code flashes, and you can do a lot of the stuff right on the watch itself rather than doing it on your phone or computer and then synccing it to the watch like some others.  Plus it has an internal GPS, so it doesn't rely on the GPS for your phone, so you don't have to carry your phone around for the location-related exercise tracking to work.  That is a really nice feature if you, say, hike where you have no phone service, as I do.  It has a step counter of course, and monitors lots of other types of exercise.  It's not waterproof so you can't swim in it, but it is water resistant, so it's fine in, say, a drizzle outside.  It has a continuous heart monitor that doesn't require a chest strap--again, self-contained and reasonably low tech friendly.  I love mine.

I don't use the features that sync it up with my phone for texts and phone call notifications, but I have heard that they are excellent.  

I tried a Google watch first, and it used up a tremendous amount of data synccing back and forth with the phone all the time.  Plus the exercise monitoring was very limited.  I like the Surge a lot better.

Edited by Carol in Cal.
  • Like 1

I have a Charge 2. It does the exercise obviously, bug I don't get calendar notifications. The only notifications it sends are calls and texts.

I was thinking of the alarms that you can set.  For example, I have it set to buzz every hour so that I get up and move (in theory).

• Like 1