Menu

I'm mentally exhausted!

Night Elf

I just spent 35 minutes on the phone helping my mom create an account with our drivers license bureau so she could change her address on her license. She drives me nuts! She puts in the wrong information in the wrong boxes. She spells everything out loud while she types it. She doesn't know how to check her email in a separate tab. And worse when she first tried to find the DDS website she ended up on some third party site that wanted to charge her fees. I told her NO! Thank goodness she called me before she entered all her information on that site! I would never make a good customer service representative. I don't have the patience.

I can sympathize. My mom calls me to help with her checking account if she lost 50 cents somewhere. She doesn't have a computer or smart phone, doesn't use the internet, and has to do everything the old fashioned way. When I give her an answer or suggestion of a possible problem, I have to keep saying it until she's convinced and then repeat it until she understands. I try to be patient, but she's not even that old.