Menu

Best bullet blender?

Seasider

The old one bit it. I want to replace it with one that has a powerful motor and can purée ice. Equally important, easy to clean.

I do not need a jillion gadget accessories. I just want to blend and drink.

I don't mind spending a significant amount, but I don't want a vitamix or anything like that, I don't want a whole blender pitcher, just the tall cup.

If you have one you really like, please share the brand name. Thanks!

Edited by Seasider

I don't know, but whenever I want something like that and I don't want to research it six ways from Sunday, what I do is go to Costco and buy whatever they are carrying.  Because Costco is excellent in picking out stuff of medium high quality, and supplying it for medium low prices.  This has never failed me for a printer, for instance; or a tent.   Since you're not looking for total optimization, I can recommend my technique with confidence.

we have this Ninja https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Professional-Smoothie-Single-Blender/dp/B00GZVLFVG/ref=sr_1_37?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1489964420&sr=1-37&keywords=blender+ninja  Got it at Lowe's on sale for 40 bucks.  I haven't put ice in it yet, but it cuts through frozen strawberries much easier than our food processor (and our old personal blender couldn't even do that).  It is way stronger than our old personal blender.

Edited by wapiti

lol don't tempt me!!!! I don't want to spend THAT much!

I bought mine on my birthday. I told DH "look what you bought me!" We were both happy. He hates to shop. I don't have the personal one, but if you're making smoothies every day it's a game changer. I whir oats into flour for my smoothies. I don't even buy tahini anymore. I just throw sesame seeds in when I'm making hummus. I have no regrets. I should've put the money I've spent on past blenders into this one years ago.