Menu

Inconsistent workouts

Moxie

I'm sorry you feel embarrassed. I get that way doing Zumba or aerobics. I feel like I have two left feet and can't keep up or look half as good as the rest of the people there.

What do you do at the gym?

I started out not having exercised for over 15 years. I had low muscle tone, poor cardiovascular endurance, and zero motivation. I was overweight and had major brain fog, and I was always exhausted. Always. I started exercising because I was desperate to find something to help me get out from under the fog. I was certain it was my thyroid, but testing came back normal. I decided to try exercise before undergoing other expensive testing.

I use the cardio machines. 

I can't say that I always love or even like the exercise itself.  But I sure love the way it feels when it's done!  The best part of the workout is the end.   :D  I feel good afterward:  good psychologically because it gives me a sense of accomplishment, good emotionally because of the endorphins, and good physically because it just makes my body feel more comfortable.  It's hard to explain, but there's this satisfying sense of relaxation in my body after a workout that is unique.  

I'm not claiming that it feels fantastic every day.  Some days are definitely better than others.  But I know my overall quality of life is better with daily exercise than without.  So that helps to keep me going on the crappy days.

Yes, this is it for me!  I love the way I feel when I'm done with a workout.  It definitely makes the rest of my day better and I'm a nicer person to be around.  

Exercise is never a struggle for me, but diet is very hard for me.  Every minute of every day.

• Like 2

Yes, this is it for me! I love the way I feel when I'm done with a workout. It definitely makes the rest of my day better and I'm a nicer person to be around.

Exercise is never a struggle for me, but diet is very hard for me. Every minute of every day.

Me as well. I love the high after a workout. I feel like I've accomplished something huge so early in the day. It motivates me to keep it up in other area of my life. Except eating. I refuse to count my calories. I want to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it. This is keeping me from losing those last couple of stubborn inches of fat around my torso. I've been maintaining my size for about nine months now.

• Like 3

Exercise is never a struggle for me, but diet is very hard for me.  Every minute of every day.

Except eating. I refuse to count my calories. I want to eat what I want to eat, when I want to eat it. 

Perhaps, then, I am not alone in feeling that if your workouts are important to you, calorie restriction is simply not an option?  When I reduce calories, I feel so very weak and tired.  It's miserable!  So I simply refuse to put up that barrier to exercise, because there are enough barriers to deal with already.  I try to focus on the quality of my food, but I let my appetite be my guide on the amount.

• Like 1

Do you like it? Have you considered weight training?

I have considered weight training, but I haven't gotten into it yet (I have in the past).  I've got some dings in my body that I don't want to aggravate so I'm not quite ready to jump in with that.  Not to mention prior to losing weight I was lugging my body so I figured that was weight lifting right there! 

Do I like it?  Hm..no...not really.  LOL  I get through it. I usually watch documentaries on my Kindle so that passes the time pretty well.

oh hell no do I go out of my way to reduce calories and feel starved..nope

I'd rather be fat if that was my only option.

And going to the gym doesn't really aid in weight loss for me.  I come home and eat after.  It only makes me hungry.  So it's definitely not about weight loss for me. 

• Like 2

I have considered weight training, but I haven't gotten into it yet (I have in the past). I've got some dings in my body that I don't want to aggravate so I'm not quite ready to jump in with that. Not to mention prior to losing weight I was lugging my body so I figured that was weight lifting right there!

Do I like it? Hm..no...not really. LOL I get through it. I usually watch documentaries on my Kindle so that passes the time pretty well.

Anything to pass the time on the dreaded cardio machines is good!

• Like 1

Perhaps, then, I am not alone in feeling that if your workouts are important to you, calorie restriction is simply not an option? When I reduce calories, I feel so very weak and tired. It's miserable! So I simply refuse to put up that barrier to exercise, because there are enough barriers to deal with already. I try to focus on the quality of my food, but I let my appetite be my guide on the amount.

You are not alone. I too try to make healthy choices all of the time. I'm successful at that about 85% of the time. My desire to lose those last pounds and inches by restricting myself is less than maintaining my body as it is. At some point I may change my mind. That usually happens around the time I realize I need to wear a swim suit in public, but it doesn't usually last more than a week or so.

• Like 1

You are not alone. I too try to make healthy choices all of the time. I'm successful at that about 85% of the time. My desire to lose those last pounds and inches by restricting myself is less than maintaining my body as it is. At some point I may change my mind. That usually happens around the time I realize I need to wear a swim suit in public, but it doesn't usually last more than a week or so.

Yes, I can definitely relate to this!  You and I are a lot alike in this regard.   :001_smile:

Perhaps, then, I am not alone in feeling that if your workouts are important to you, calorie restriction is simply not an option? When I reduce calories, I feel so very weak and tired. It's miserable! So I simply refuse to put up that barrier to exercise, because there are enough barriers to deal with already. I try to focus on the quality of my food, but I let my appetite be my guide on the amount.

I exercise so I can eat more! Currently I calorie count because I'm trying to loss weight but at 1800 calories a day I don't feel starved and I'm still losing roughly a lb a week. I only count because food has a huge psychological hold over me and my brain can easily trick me into thinking I'm still hungry or need more. It sucks. On days I work out I eat more than 1800 calories and still lose weight.

I can't wait until my body is able to do high intensity workouts regularly again, then I can stop counting calories.

• Like 3

I exercise so I can eat more! Currently I calorie count because I'm trying to loss weight but at 1800 calories a day I don't feel starved and I'm still losing roughly a lb a week. I only count because food has a huge psychological hold over me and my brain can easily trick me into thinking I'm still hungry or need more. It sucks. On days I work out I eat more than 1800 calories and still lose weight.

I can't wait until my body is able to do high intensity workouts regularly again, then I can stop counting calories.

I eat about 2100 calories (when I've counted) to maintain my current size, and I do high intensity workouts twice a week plus one cardio day at my boot camp class that mostly keeps my heart rate in the anaerobic zone. Any more HIIT than that raises my resting heart rate a lot. Then it takes a few days for it to go back down. What do you consider regular?

Perhaps, then, I am not alone in feeling that if your workouts are important to you, calorie restriction is simply not an option?  When I reduce calories, I feel so very weak and tired.  It's miserable!  So I simply refuse to put up that barrier to exercise, because there are enough barriers to deal with already.  I try to focus on the quality of my food, but I let my appetite be my guide on the amount.

I am having this problem.  I am always hungry so I can't trust my appetite.  But I do feel weak and shaky a lot of the time so I don't think I am eating enough.  I don't really have any idea how much I need to eat to maintain my weight.  I have had weight issues my entire life.  Right now I am in maintenance and have been for a few years, but I exercise a lot and feel lousy much of the time because I want to eat more.  I can still get through my workouts, though - just sometimes they don't feel so good.

I have to take classes. If I just go when I fit it in, I never go. I think it has to be on my regular schedule AND be something I enjoy where the exercise is just a byproduct. You might be happier in a beginning class that requires movement (dance, martial arts, yoga, rock climbing, anything) than in those high speed gym fitness classes. Zumba seems more geared towards coordinated people who don't miss a class, learn choreo quickly, and want to go full out and sweaty for an hour. They don't strike me as terribly safe for a beginner trying to keep up. Instructional classes start slower and break down the movements into manageable chunks.

• Like 2

I am having this problem. I am always hungry so I can't trust my appetite. But I do feel weak and shaky a lot of the time so I don't think I am eating enough. I don't really have any idea how much I need to eat to maintain my weight. I have had weight issues my entire life. Right now I am in maintenance and have been for a few years, but I exercise a lot and feel lousy much of the time because I want to eat more. I can still get through my workouts, though - just sometimes they don't feel so good.

That sounds challenging. I know that I can't trust my appetite when it comes to sweets. Sweets increase my hunger rather than satisfying it! And lately I've had a problem of not being very hungry for protein foods. But I know how much I need them to keep both my blood sugar and my weight steady, so I do go ahead and force myself to eat them. So as long as I'm eating ample protein and avoiding sugar then I think my appetite moderates itself fairly well. Though I could stand to lose a few pounds so . . . . maybe not as well as I think.

• Like 1

That sounds challenging. I know that I can't trust my appetite when it comes to sweets. Sweets increase my hunger rather than satisfying it! And lately I've had a problem of not being very hungry for protein foods. But I know how much I need them to keep both my blood sugar and my weight steady, so I do go ahead and force myself to eat them. So as long as I'm eating ample protein and avoiding sugar then I think my appetite moderates itself fairly well. Though I could stand to lose a few pounds so . . . . maybe not as well as I think.

I do try to focus on eating protein and staying away from empty calories.  But I am a bottomless pit and have nothing in my brain that tells me I'm full so I have to be very careful with portions.  No matter what I'm eating, I want more and more and more.  It can be apples, chicken, or pancakes.  Doesn't matter.  And I always want to eat.  Which is why I have struggled with my weight for my entire life.  

• Like 1

I am having this problem. I am always hungry so I can't trust my appetite. But I do feel weak and shaky a lot of the time so I don't think I am eating enough. I don't really have any idea how much I need to eat to maintain my weight. I have had weight issues my entire life. Right now I am in maintenance and have been for a few years, but I exercise a lot and feel lousy much of the time because I want to eat more. I can still get through my workouts, though - just sometimes they don't feel so good.

You don't seem to be eating enough. What about the quality? Healthy versus junk. It may be blood sugar

You don't seem to be eating enough. What about the quality? Healthy versus junk. It may be blood sugar

I eat pretty healthy most days except for my one daily treat (a big bowl of cheez-its).  I don't think I'm eating enough now but, even when I overate and was overweight, I never felt full and was always hungry.  I've always had to look at other people's portions to figure out how much I'm *supposed* to eat.  According to my mother, I've been like this since I was an infant - never satisfied with normal portions of food. 

• Like 1

I do try to focus on eating protein and staying away from empty calories.  But I am a bottomless pit and have nothing in my brain that tells me I'm full so I have to be very careful with portions.  No matter what I'm eating, I want more and more and more.  It can be apples, chicken, or pancakes.  Doesn't matter.  And I always want to eat.  Which is why I have struggled with my weight for my entire life.  

I think that appetite is a hugely important thing that gets forgotten with the "calories in versus calories out" stuff.  We all eat until we're not hungry any more.  But how much food it takes to not be hungry any more varies widely.  My dad, for example, is at the opposite end of the spectrum from you.  He can only eat tiny amounts at a time, and then he is full.  He says that if he goes one bite over that, it's actually painful for him.  And he's super skinny, so his body is actually telling him to stop eating before his calorie needs are met!

• Like 2

I eat pretty healthy most days except for my one daily treat (a big bowl of cheez-its).  I don't think I'm eating enough now but, even when I overate and was overweight, I never felt full and was always hungry.  I've always had to look at other people's portions to figure out how much I'm *supposed* to eat.  According to my mother, I've been like this since I was an infant - never satisfied with normal portions of food. 

I feel this way when I'm eating too many carbs.

Which I'm not intending to preach about it.  But really...it makes me damn hungry all.the.time.  Even eating "healthy" carbs.

• Like 1

I eat pretty healthy most days except for my one daily treat (a big bowl of cheez-its). I don't think I'm eating enough now but, even when I overate and was overweight, I never felt full and was always hungry. I've always had to look at other people's portions to figure out how much I'm *supposed* to eat. According to my mother, I've been like this since I was an infant - never satisfied with normal portions of food.

You've been able to maintain your weight at your eating level, right? I encourage you to see where you can improve the nutrients in your food. Avocado? Nuts? Lean meat? The shaky feeling is not normal and I don't know how you can go about your day like that. Hang in there!

• Like 1

I think that appetite is a hugely important thing that gets forgotten with the "calories in versus calories out" stuff.  We all eat until we're not hungry any more.  But how much food it takes to not be hungry any more varies widely.  My dad, for example, is at the opposite end of the spectrum from you.  He can only eat tiny amounts at a time, and then he is full.  He says that if he goes one bite over that, it's actually painful for him.  And he's super skinny, so his body is actually telling him to stop eating before his calorie needs are met!

It always amazes me when people say they are full and can't eat what's left on their plate.  That has never happened to me.  My DH and kids can easily eat something and then stop, but eating anything triggers me to want more of whatever it is.  They are all naturally thin and have never had weight problems.  Actually, like your dad, they are all underweight and actively trying to eat more to gain.  Especially my sons.  

I feel this way when I'm eating too many carbs.

Which I'm not intending to preach about it.  But really...it makes me damn hungry all.the.time.  Even eating "healthy" carbs.

Besides the cheez-its, I eat very few carbs.  ETA:  I didn't think you were preaching.  I am grateful for your advice.  :)

You've been able to maintain your weight at your eating level, right? I encourage you to see where you can improve the nutrients in your food. Avocado? Nuts? Lean meat? The shaky feeling is not normal and I don't know how you can go about your day like that. Hang in there!

I can't eat nuts because I can't stop eating them (this just happened to me the other day, actually), but I do snack on lean meats and cheese for the protein/fat.  I've been maintaining for a while with one to two cheat meals a week.  One planned and the other if I just get too hungry (like the other day with the nuts).  

Thank you all so much for caring.  It means a lot.  This has been a daily struggle for me and I am sorry for derailing this thread.  

Edited by Erica H
  • Like 2

For me, when I eat too many carbs, especially from bread and pasta I feel weak and lethargic. If it's my fist meal of the day I'll even get lightheaded sometimes. I've learned to pair my carbs with protein. Maybe this is the same for you?

Also, when I started working out I was advised by an online calorie calculator that I should eat 1200-1400 calories a day to lose 1-2 pounds a week. I would do well for a couple of days then eat everything in sight the next day because I couldn't take the feeling of starving. And the worst part is that I had no control at that point. For me, the calorie restriction was causing me to be abusive to my body. I decided to stop and focus on something I had more control over like food choices. Nothing is 100% off limits, but sugar and processed foods are severely limited and I'm good with that. I have no cravings and don't feel like I'm depriving myself of that stuff. The rest of the time I try to focus on high protein foods and vegetables. I need the protein because I weight train most days. I think it's good to have a general idea of how many calories you need to eat just to maintain your weight for future reference. I tend to burn more calories than the online calculators estimate, so keep that in mind. ~2100 calories, plus working out 4-5 days a week is around what I need to eat to maintain.

• Like 1

I do try to focus on eating protein and staying away from empty calories. But I am a bottomless pit and have nothing in my brain that tells me I'm full so I have to be very careful with portions. No matter what I'm eating, I want more and more and more. It can be apples, chicken, or pancakes. Doesn't matter. And I always want to eat. Which is why I have struggled with my weight for my entire life.

That's tough. Just a thought - Have you tried a fasting diet where you can eat however much within an eight hour window? I wonder if that would help or be pure torture. On days when I don't work out I skip breakfast and delay lunch until I'm hungry. I've found for myself that I get full faster and it lasts longer. I know everyone is different though.

• Like 1

It always amazes me when people say they are full and can't eat what's left on their plate. That has never happened to me. My DH and kids can easily eat something and then stop, but eating anything triggers me to want more of whatever it is. They are all naturally thin and have never had weight problems. Actually, like your dad, they are all underweight and actively trying to eat more to gain. Especially my sons.

Besides the cheez-its, I eat very few carbs. ETA: I didn't think you were preaching. I am grateful for your advice. :)

I can't eat nuts because I can't stop eating them (this just happened to me the other day, actually), but I do snack on lean meats and cheese for the protein/fat. I've been maintaining for a while with one to two cheat meals a week. One planned and the other if I just get too hungry (like the other day with the nuts).

Thank you all so much for caring. It means a lot. This has been a daily struggle for me and I am sorry for derailing this thread.

It's good that you're maintaining. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad though. Have you brought it up with your doctor?

For me, when I eat too many carbs, especially from bread and pasta I feel weak and lethargic. If it's my fist meal of the day I'll even get lightheaded sometimes. I've learned to pair my carbs with protein. Maybe this is the same for you?

Also, when I started working out I was advised by an online calorie calculator that I should eat 1200-1400 calories a day to lose 1-2 pounds a week. I would do well for a couple of days then eat everything in sight the next day because I couldn't take the feeling of starving. And the worst part is that I had no control at that point. For me, the calorie restriction was causing me to be abusive to my body. I decided to stop and focus on something I had more control over like food choices. Nothing is 100% off limits, but sugar and processed foods are severely limited and I'm good with that. I have no cravings and don't feel like I'm depriving myself of that stuff. The rest of the time I try to focus on high protein foods and vegetables. I need the protein because I weight train most days. I think it's good to have a general idea of how many calories you need to eat just to maintain your weight for future reference. I tend to burn more calories than the online calculators estimate, so keep that in mind. ~2100 calories, plus working out 4-5 days a week is around what I need to eat to maintain.

I do eat a lot of calories.  My guess is that I probably eat 2200/2300 most days.  More when I have a cheat meal, less on some days.  I exercise a lot, though - cardio and weight training.  I do eat a lot of protein - more gms/day than pounds of bodyweight, but I hate veggies (I'm a picky eater).  

That's tough. Just a thought - Have you tried a fasting diet where you can eat however much within an eight hour window? I wonder if that would help or be pure torture. On days when I don't work out I skip breakfast and delay lunch until I'm hungry. I've found for myself that I get full faster and it lasts longer. I know everyone is different though.

I have done intermittent fasting - either 16/8 or 14/10.  I didn't notice any difference in my appetite/satiety, though, and I found I was getting too hungry during the fasting periods.  

It's good that you're maintaining. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad though. Have you brought it up with your doctor?

I don't like my family doctor so I haven't brought it up with her.  She has been pretty useless.  

This has been a daily struggle for me and I am sorry for derailing this thread.  

I agree with Sparkly - it does sound rough, and you're not derailing.  These conversations always take on a life of their own anyway.   :001_smile: I was going to ask the same question that extendedforecast asked:  do you think an intermittent fasting plan might work for you?  The idea is to eat less often.  Skip meals.  Or limit your "eating hours" to only 8 or even 5 per day.  Of course I'm not sure that would work or if it would even be feasible for you.  But I've heard a lot of success stories so I thought it would be worth considering.

:grouphug:

I agree with Sparkly - it does sound rough, and you're not derailing.  These conversations always take on a life of their own anyway.   :001_smile: I was going to ask the same question that extendedforecast asked:  do you think an intermittent fasting plan might work for you?  The idea is to eat less often.  Skip meals.  Or limit your "eating hours" to only 8 or even 5 per day.  Of course I'm not sure that would work or if it would even be feasible for you.  But I've heard a lot of success stories so I thought it would be worth considering.

:grouphug:

Thanks.  I've tried intermittent fasting - 16/8 and 14/10 - but it didn't seem to make any difference plus I was getting too hungry before "feeding time" started.  

• Like 2

I eat about 2100 calories (when I've counted) to maintain my current size, and I do high intensity workouts twice a week plus one cardio day at my boot camp class that mostly keeps my heart rate in the anaerobic zone. Any more HIIT than that raises my resting heart rate a lot. Then it takes a few days for it to go back down. What do you consider regular?

Generally 3 times a week with 2 low impact workouts in between them. I did my first high intensity workout since my csection on Friday and it wipe down me out until yesterday. I'll be doing another one tomorrow and hoping it doesn't wipe me out for so long.

• Like 1

Generally 3 times a week with 2 low impact workouts in between them. I did my first high intensity workout since my csection on Friday and it wipe down me out until yesterday. I'll be doing another one tomorrow and hoping it doesn't wipe me out for so long.

It definitely takes some time to build up after delivery - especially a c-section!  Hope you see some progress in your recovery time after tomorrow's workout.  

It definitely takes some time to build up after delivery - especially a c-section! Hope you see some progress in your recovery time after tomorrow's workout.

Oh I know and I'm not going to push it. But this whole counting calories because I can't workout the way I usually do sucks.

• Like 1

The key thing here is you love it.  I don't love it.  At all.  Not even a little.  So it's a real struggle to do it.  I love to eat...no struggle there..LOL

Yes, I make it a top priority because I enjoy it. I understand the struggle to do something when it's not enjoyable. I am very happy exercise does not pose that problem for me. It does for my dh and I see him struggle all the time. 

I hope you get to a point that you are not in pain anymore. There's bad-something-is-wrong pain and then there's the "good" pain from exercise. I am in good pain from exercise quite often. I also have had bad pain. I have badly injured my knee and my shoulder in the past from exercise. They both still flare up and give me problems, and on those days I have to take it easy. It annoys me and I do what I can to prevent further injury and flare ups. That's bad pain and I avoid it as much as possible. I have good pain all the time. My muscles scream at me a lot. That pain I like because I know it's a sign of gaining strength and mass. It's a sign of a great workout for me. I know in a few days my muscles will feel better, and in the mean time I pamper myself with epson salt baths and rolling/massaging with a ball. 

Unlike many people, I never feel better when I'm exercising, so I can't get motivated by that either.

You might be interested in the book, SparkThe author mentions some people who have a very different threshold for experiencing pleasure, and they are not affected by the endorphins and other feel good chemicals released by the body. I believe my dh is one of those people.

I can't say that I always love or even like the exercise itself.  But I sure love the way it feels when it's done!  The best part of the workout is the end.   :D  I feel good afterward:  good psychologically because it gives me a sense of accomplishment, good emotionally because of the endorphins, and good physically because it just makes my body feel more comfortable.  It's hard to explain, but there's this satisfying sense of relaxation in my body after a workout that is unique.  

I'm not claiming that it feels fantastic every day.  Some days are definitely better than others.  But I know my overall quality of life is better with daily exercise than without.  So that helps to keep me going on the crappy days.

Same here!  My (admittedly limited and anecdotal and non-professional and oversimplified) observations of people as they age are that you can either choose to suffer through a daily workout, or you can choose to suffer 24/7.  I'll take the workout, thankyouverymuch.

(I do realize there are limits to what exercise can do for you, but it can do a lot.  I also realize that some people are going to suffer regardless, and believe me I'm not heaping judgment on anyone.  I'm just saying this is what motivates me:  pain avoidance!)

I love that post workout feeling. I crave it. There are some days I feel sluggish and move through a workout as best I can, but I'm always glad I did it. I don't have many of those days. But, hello PMS or a sleepless night.... :glare:    I will admit that for the most part I like the actual exercising too. I like to feel my body doing the motions and feel my strength, balance, and ability. I like to challenge myself and see just how hard I can push. Can I do just 2 more pushups before falling and breaking my nose? Can I jump just a bit farther? Can I jump farther than my teen ds? Can I beat him in a race? Can I lift just 2 lbs heavier this go round? Feeling my muscles burn and shake and my lungs breathing hard and my heart beating fast....yep it all brings me satisfaction and happiness. I love being able to run up my stairs and not feel out of breath. I love feeling strong. That motivates me more than physical appearance. Reading the above mentioned book also gives me motivation for my brain health. 

But as I posted above, I know motivation can be a huge struggle. But, not all in life is going to be enjoyable. Sometimes you gotta suck it up and do it. Like eating breakfast when you're not hungry because you know you need the nutrition. Or doing algebra. Or cleaning toilets. Or cooking food because the kids demand on being fed. Or being nice to your dh's co-worker even though you don't like him. Or going to your in-laws house. 

• Like 3

I love that post workout feeling. I crave it. There are some days I feel sluggish and move through a workout as best I can, but I'm always glad I did it. I don't have many of those days. But, hello PMS or a sleepless night.... :glare: I will admit that for the most part I like the actual exercising too. I like to feel my body doing the motions and feel my strength, balance, and ability. I like to challenge myself and see just how hard I can push. Can I do just 2 more pushups before falling and breaking my nose? Can I jump just a bit farther? Can I jump farther than my teen ds? Can I beat him in a race? Can I lift just 2 lbs heavier this go round? Feeling my muscles burn and shake and my lungs breathing hard and my heart beating fast....yep it all brings me satisfaction and happiness. I love being able to run up my stairs and not feel out of breath. I love feeling strong. That motivates me more than physical appearance. Reading the above mentioned book also gives me motivation for my brain health.

I love this! I do have these moments sometimes. Not as often as I'd like, but they happen. Moments of feeling so strong and so alive! Those moments are so joyful that I sometimes even have dreams that I'm running and I feel so happy and energetic like I could run around the world. Those are fun dreams.

Spark was a huge motivation for me too! Even though he didn't address migraines specifically it still gave me hope that since they are a brain issue and exercise helps the brain so much, it was worth a shot. And it has helped. I still get them, but I really feel that it helps reduce the severity.

But as I posted above, I know motivation can be a huge struggle. But, not all in life is going to be enjoyable. Sometimes you gotta suck it up and do it. Like eating breakfast when you're not hungry because you know you need the nutrition. Or doing algebra. Or cleaning toilets. Or cooking food because the kids demand on being fed. Or being nice to your dh's co-worker even though you don't like him. Or going to your in-laws house.

This is what I try to tell myself on my bad days. I don't skip brushing my teeth because I don't feel like it, so I don't get to skip working out because I don't feel like it either. But I must confess, I am not always successful at talking myself into it.

• Like 3

Due to many many issues, I suck at exercise and with my craptastic neck issues, since I was a kid, many regular exercises have hurt me,

Solution for me was to purchase a rebounder. I put in 15 minutes a couple times a day. It is right there in my living room behind my comfy chair. Between loads of laundry, after I clean the kitchen, before or after picking up the kids or running errands and absolutely while catching up on my CW shows. ;)

Because it isn't some "routine" I am able to get it done and it's fun.

And a rebounder is fairly easy to place in a location where you will see it and use it easily. Pick a serial show to watch on Netflix and you can pair rebounding with your viewing time.

• Like 1

And a rebounder is fairly easy to place in a location where you will see it and use it easily. Pick a serial show to watch on Netflix and you can pair rebounding with your viewing time.

Could you and Lizzie share what you do with your rebounder? Gentle jumping? High knees? Running? A routine? I have a rebounder, and I do jump gently on it when im feeling tired, but I'd love to hear what you do.

Could you and Lizzie share what you do with your rebounder? Gentle jumping? High knees? Running? A routine? I have a rebounder, and I do jump gently on it when im feeling tired, but I'd love to hear what you do.

I don't do anything fancy! Just bounce (both with and without feet leaving the surface, march in place - basically I just keep moving, depending what I'm feeling up to any given day. There are YouTube videos for workout ideas. I'm not that adventurous - I can't afford to fall off and break a bone!