Menu

So many clocks!

Miss Tick

DH is starting the semi-annual pilgrimage around the house. Everything comes with a clock, and it is important to him that any clocks that are visible at the same time have the same time displayed. This is further complicated by the chiming clock in the living room...

I spend some time trying to remember clocks we've missed in the past like the one in the car which can cause a small but intense blip of panic. Or the year I was doing laundry when I (eventually) figured out the clock on the water softener has been missed.

How about you? Funny story to share?

• Like 1

Dh is a super early riser and he always has the clocks changed before I get up.  So this morning I got up and my fitbit said it was 8 AM. I grabbed my phone and was surprised it hadn't changed yet- it said 7. As did the cable box in the bedroom, which also usually changes on its own.  So I get up and go through the downstairs and none of the clocks have been changed! Dh is upstairs working on a renovation project we've been doing. 

I'm thinking he's really into this project if he forgot to change the clocks. 

Nope. In the middle of the night when my Fitbit changed the time, it also changed time zones on me...it's now set to Eastern time zone.  So when I changed it to the correct time, it felt like I gained an hour, which is a weird feeling on a day when everyone else feels like they're running behind. 

Edited by Annie G
  • Like 1

My husband goes around and changes the clocks around 8 pm, just to get us in the mindset that it's later than we think.  (When we go back to standard time, he does it right before bed.)

I had a clock by my bedside that was programmed to change automatically.  Problem was, it was a pretty old clock, so it changed on the wrong days.  So once a year I had a moment of panic when it seemed I had overslept.   Now, my daughter has that clock.  I did warn her.  I tried looking it up to see if I could figure out when it would happen, but my google searching didn't go well for that.  I need to try again, or better yet, have her do it.  

• Like 3

My husband goes around and changes the clocks around 8 pm, just to get us in the mindset that it's later than we think. (When we go back to standard time, he does it right before bed.)

I had a clock by my bedside that was programmed to change automatically. Problem was, it was a pretty old clock, so it changed on the wrong days. So once a year I had a moment of panic when it seemed I had overslept. Now, my daughter has that clock. I did warn her. I tried looking it up to see if I could figure out when it would happen, but my google searching didn't go well for that. I need to try again, or better yet, have her do it.

Changing before bed sounds like a good idea!

I used to have one of those old, self-changing clocks. Argh! It meant i had to change that clock 4 times a year instead of two.

• Like 1

DH is starting the semi-annual pilgrimage around the house. Everything comes with a clock,

Last night I learned that our microwave comes with a clock. I had no clue, and we'd had it for years. Just never set the clock on it - and still haven't, and won't (for one, the breaker on that one flips every single time someone forgets you cannot use the toaster oven and microwave at the same time). I finally got around to changing our 1 clock (the one on the stove) a couple of minutes ago. Now I need to do the one in the car, and I'll be done. All the other things telling time are on phones, laptops, tablets, etc that change on their own. :)