Menu

The Teachers Lounge 3-10-2017

scrapbookbuzz

It's Friday!

For refreshment today in the Lounge, we have coffee, tea, water, Cuties, strawberries, and a few other things. Maybe. I'll be going to the store soon for cat litter, etc, so I might pick up some goodies while I'm there.

Both dh and I are kinda discouraged right now. His new job just is not producing like he thought it would. After all the stress of taking a test that HE had to pay for and all the fees HE had to pay for licensing for this new position, he's last "base salary" check was LESS than any other base check beforehand. He set up direct deposit a month and a half ago and it's still not working, so he never quite knows when he'll be paid. It's really frustrating for both of us. Especially when there are bills due, etc. I don't remember any other job being this frustrating for so long for him. I made sure that my son and I prayed for dh while he was on his way to work. I REALLY want him to have a SUCCESSFUL day today so he can be encouraged.

So to that I say, May ALL OF YOU have a TRULY BLESSED DAY and be AWARE of those blessings! Because seeing blessings is so much more enjoyable than spending the day frustrated and discouraged!

What's going on for you today? Here: Target run, followed by getting kids to MoezArt (theater class).

Plans for the weekend? Here: remember, party in the Lounge today! Birthday fun! Tonight is a friend's birthday open house; tomorrow I'm having coffee with a friend, followed by a trip to an intriguing used bookstore a couple of towns over with another friend. Then Sunday, my son is taking me out to lunch!

Who is really good at putting together a schedule and STICKING TO IT? Here: I SO need help with my own study schedule. 

Talk to me! :bigear: 

• Like 2

Hey Scrap!

Enjoy your birthday weekend!

I am enjoying Free coffee Friday at ChickFilA. A few minutes of peace and quiet by myself. Headed to my mom's to help her with a few things.

We have a sick kiddo and a car in the shop, so those things will take up the rest of my day.

This weekend will be regular chores and errands. I am hoping to have some time to read. It has been unseasonably warm here, but temps dropping below freezing at night this weekend, so probably no yardwork.

Is it spring out West yet?

I am great at making plans and schedules but only mediocre at follow through.

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 2

Spring hit here sometime in February, as it typically does, here. We've had an unusual

amount of rain for the desert already this year, so everything seems to think NOW is the time

to bloom! For herbalists, that's a great thing! Not so much, however, for those with allergies.

It's supposed to get up to 89*F today. come on over and visit if you want! I could use the company to take

my mind of the heat! The older I get the less I like it to be above 80. I know, I'm weird.

• Like 2

Sorry your dh is having a rough go, Scrap. :( My dh's pay is all wonky right now, too.  He started a new job last year and they calculated wrong about 2 months ago, so he's been trying to get that fixed ever since. 

Today: I got quite a bit done more yesterday than I thought!  Testing went well.  I gave him the CAT, expecting it to take both days.  Nope.  Finished quickly and accurately.  I finished the end of year video, too (our year started early due to moving).   So instead of doing real school today, the small one chose a workbook to do, the teen has a 2 hour day at his school, and we're decluttering and hanging out. :)

No plans for the weekend.  And I'm iffy on the schedule front. :lol:

Have a happy birthday, Scrap!

• Like 2

(((HUGS))) Scrapbook, that has to be so very frustrating and discouraging

On deck today, taking the team to a local elementary school to build rockets with 4th graders. Tonight, regular 4H meeting - kitchen chemistry - testing vegetables, fruits, legumes, and grains for protein, starch, and vitamin C content. Tomorrow morning, rocket team meeting.

I think we'll nap, LOL Saturday afternoon. Not looking forward to the time change.

• Like 2

Today: Short day of school.  It's our last day before spring break.  Cameron and Ani have demo team practice at taekwondo.  Cameron's on the team and Ani is helping coach the little ones.  Cameron will get to the last hour of a party meeting his "family" for Trek (church activity) next week.

Weekend: We'll go to the toilet seat museum tomorrow if it's not raining.  He doesn't like to open it up when it's raining because it can mess up some of the artwork.  Sunday Cameron has check-in for Trek.  He gets to pretend to be a pioneer for three days.

Schedule: Sort of.  I am really flexible, but still naturally fall into a schedule in general.  When something needs to get done I'm very good at following a schedule.

Happy birthday, Scrap!

Edited by Butter
  • Like 1

Is it spring out West yet?

Here in Texas we never really got winter this year.  Well, we were cold like 3 days.  I guess that was this year's designated winter.

My best friend lives in Utah and I was whining about how cold it was the other day.  It was only 63.  She was like, "I'd kill for 63 right now..."

• Like 2

School is done. DS really likes the Burning Cargo game for typing practice. (He just started yesterday. It's free.)

After quiet time is our weekly library run and then, according to an email I fortunately read this morning, we need to eat dinner early because there's a scout meeting (which was on my calendar for next Friday).

The weekend will be pretty much the usual stuff.

Tell us about your schedule issue, sbb. Maybe we can make suggestions. I try to solve those kinds of problems with spreadsheets (for planning) and phone apps (to remind me to do it).

• Like 2

Good afternoon, and happy birthday, Scrap! I pray his job situation improves greatly!

Today has been mostly school, but we are going to a food truck festival tonight. 

This weekend: The plan is to go into Atlanta tomorrow. I want to purchase one of these at a Container Store. I love that store! We'll eat out and do other shopping/looking around, too. Dd goes back to school Sunday. 

I am good at making schedules. I don't know if what I do you would call sticking to them. I make a schedule daily and always prioritize the most important things that need to be done and let myself off the hook with things that I just can't get to. Part of that is it can be difficult to know how long some things will take and other priorities come up unexpectedly. 

• Like 1