Menu

Anyone experienced with having a dog in heat?

Tiramisu

This is our first time having a dog in heat.

Yesterday, she was walking along the furniture and walls rubbing her side against them.

Today she's doing the same thing, but taking a running start, bumping, and then sliding along the side of walls and furniture.

It's very cute to watch, but is this normal? I couldn't find any information on this kind of behavior by googling.

At first I thought her pants were too tight but they seem pretty loose and haven't seemed to bother her.

• Like 1

Is there a reason why she hasn't been spayed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She isn't ours. We're just raising her for a year for an organization that breeds and trains guide dogs for the blind.

The decision about whether or not the dog will go into service or be bred is made by the organization after the dog returns to them for training. Most dogs are neutered in the first month after returning to them and only the ones that show exceptional promise as guide dogs are kept for breeding.

• Like 3

I just wanted to say I have a spayed female that runs along walls all the time like you're describing. I have to magic erase my walls periodically she does it so much! So it may be like other say and cramps, but in my case I have a dog that just likes to scratch herself along walls I guess. We have heavy texture so perhaps it feels like being brushed. She didn't do it until we moved to this house. :)

Also- I think it's cool your helping an organization like that!