Menu

The Teachers Lounge 2-13-2017

scrapbookbuzz

Monday, Monday!

Despite it being Monday, I'm glad today is today . . . and I will keep repeating that mantra until I believe it!  :p

How was your weekend? Here: Saturday was FULL. Yesterday was, too, sort of, but we weren't constantly "on the go."  I did get a decent one mile walk in on a desert trail. We've, strangely, had so much rain here in the past few months that with the temps warmer here now, all the plants seem to think it's Spring already! Managed to wild harvest some plant parts to use in an herbal preparation or two.

Schooling today? Here: today's focus is life skills (read: household responsibilities). We're having a Valentine's Day Open House here tomorrow afternoon and I'd at least like the downstairs to be swept, mopped, and in some semblance of organized. Plus, I want to bake some more muffins. think I'm going to try making lemon poppyseed muffins for the next batch. Followed by double chocolate.

Oh, by the way, there are a variety of teas in the lounge today, everything from green to black to inbetween. Help yourself!

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 4

Weekend: Not too bad.  Ani's less dizzy.  Fritz was sick Sunday.  Saturday we finished the requirements for Adrian's Wolf badge and Fritz's Webelos badge in Cub Scouts.

School Today: Pretty much the normal with as much together work as we can possibly get done since we're off Wednesday for Ani's birthday.  Ani has a blood draw scheduled for noon and I have a check-up at the doctor at 2:15 so that complicates things a bit.

ETA: I made dairy (and gluten) free mac and cheese for lunch and while my kids are not impressed, I like it and since I'm the one who can't have dairy that's all that matters :)

Edited by Butter
  • Like 2

May I ask all of you to be praying for my sister and family? My nephew I help care for is possibly very close to passing away. He became sick last week with a respiratory virus, and it turned into pneumonia. He became septic and seemed to improve some over the weekend but has taken a turn for the worse. We were all there all weekend, and we came back home to take care of some things.

He has had a long, hard road with seizures starting at 4 months old and never being 100% controlled. His life has been full of joy in many ways but pain as well. For the last three months, he has had a migraine almost 24/7. Nothing they did helped, and I am amazed at how well he tolerated it. I am thankful for God's mercy. 

He has touched so many people's lives. At one point this weekend, his hospital room was as full as could be with people out in the hall as well. He loved for people to sing to him, so we were all singing his favorite songs, Amazing Grace, Go Tell It on the Mountain, I'll Fly Away, and more. It was really beautiful.

This is my sister whose husband died two years ago, so please remember her. He is their only child, and she has been home caring for him his whole life. I can't imagine the void she is going to feel.  

Thank you all! 

• Like 2

We spent our weekend sick. Half the house was miserable at a time.

Today we were supposed to go to a party, but the sickness is still prevalent so I'm keeping everyone home.  We attempted one page of math.  It took 1h 30min to do two problems, and 15 minutes to do the other 5.  We're not doing school today.  We will rest and attempt tomorrow.

• Like 2

((Mom31257)) I'm so sorry, I will be praying for your family and especially your sister. Would it be ok if I add her to the list at my church and my mom's prayer list?

This weekend was pretty good, kind of quiet. Saturday was really good, I didn't have to cook, we had leftovers.

School today will go as normal with the exception that we got up late, started late and will finish late.

• Like 1

We spent our weekend sick. Half the house was miserable at a time.

Today we were supposed to go to a party, but the sickness is still prevalent so I'm keeping everyone home. We attempted one page of math. It took 1h 30min to do two problems, and 15 minutes to do the other 5. We're not doing school today. We will rest and attempt tomorrow.

Oh yes please just rest and heal!

• Like 3

Hope everyone is doing a little better this afternoon. I need to get back to my household clean up/straighten up.

We'll see if it gets to my specifications by tomorrow's Open House. I'm much more relaxed about that then my husband ever is. 

which is why I haven't even told him we're having an Open House.  :p He won't be here, anyway. he'll be at work. What gets done, gets

done.

• Like 2