Menu

OMG my new puppy is GROSS!!!! (not for the squeamish)

ktgrok

Today at the dog park (which had dozens of dogs) he was the one who had the extreme disgusting pleasure of sniffing out a dead newborn squirrel in the leaf litter under some trees, then carrying it around like a trophy. Ugh. Oh...and then guarding it from other dogs after I made him drop it. (he went back to playing after I disposed it). 

UGH!!!

Worse? Half and hour later I forgot and let him lick my face. 

UGH!

• Like 4

Dogs love to eat poop. Dog poop , goose poop , deer poop. I hadn't anticipated how much time I would spend avoiding poop on my walks, before I had a dog.

But cats are worse .

What??? My cats are definitely less gross than my dog! 

I have never had a cat try to eat anything that came out of the dog or out of another cat!  But the dog...aack! If a cat ralphs, the dog is all over it. If the dog escapes the living room, you will find him digging in the litter for kitty treasure.  :scared:

• Like 1

Dogs love horse poop.  LOVE.  IT.  Particularly when it's frozen solid as it is here 6 months out of the year.  I call them "poo-sicles".  I've often wondered if there was somehow/some way I could sell it as some sort of high-end, all-natural dog treat.  My draft-cross alone produces enough for me to make a small fortune... ;)

• Like 1

Amateurs!!!

My dog would have swallowed it in one gulp.

Well, he is a puppy, to be fair, lol. 

But I'm really really really glad he didn't eat it. Ugh. 

And yes, he does love cat poop. I yell at him to get away from the cat box half a dozen times a day. I keep trying to block it off and he keeps figuring ways around my blockade.

But I would still rather he get poop than a furless, dead, practically embryonic looking squirrel. ugh. 

• Like 1

One of my past Lab puppies found a half rotted fish on the edge of a pond and ran around with it.  It literally had a hole in it's side that's how far gone it was.   

At one point I transitioned him to a raw diet.....he ate quite a few gross things after that.  He loved whole raw fish too.

Stefanie

Two of our dogs literally wait until for our holland lop bunnies to poop so they can snarf up the poo balls. We call the bunnies "Pez dispensers" because the dogs stick their noses under the bunnies's bottoms and lift them high enough to get the "treats" they are still sitting on.

• Like 1