Menu

Anyone near Berea, OH? 1980 John Doe just ID as dh's uncle

Ottakee

My dh and his family just found out that his uncle who disappeared in 1980 (from West Michigan) was actually hit by a train and killed in Berea, OH in 1980. It was on the news here tonight as this is a cold case solved.

Because he was an adult there was never a missing persons report filed. They solved this by linking fingerprints.

Not really the way you want the family to make the news but at least now they have closure.

• Like 3

Weren't you just mentioning him in your thread the other day about safety while taking walks?

Is this the same man?

I'm terribly sorry for your husband, you and the family. It must have been shocking to find out. Put the pieces together.

:grouphug: 

Edited by Gaillardia

Weren't you just mentioning him in your thread the other day about safety while taking walks?

Is this the same man?

I'm terribly sorry for your husband, you and the family. It must have been shocking to find out. Put the pieces together.

:grouphug:

I was the one that started the thread about me being nervous walking alone at the park at times. It was dh's brother that was murdered. This is his uncle that they did not know his whereabouts for 37 years.

Sadly dh's family has had a lot of tragic deaths in it over the years... a grandmother, 2 aunts and an uncle, 3 cousins, and his brother.

This will provide closure to the remaining family.

• Like 2