Menu

An "I'm old" moment for today...

bettyandbob

I recently added teaching water aerobics to my duties at my rec center job. I'm teaching the arthritis class, so not heavy duty movement. I elected to just stream music from the google Motown Dance station. Lots of fun Motown tunes for an hour. Today, a 23 year old lifeguard thought my music was good and wanted to know who the artists were. 

I've actually been through this before. At age 12 my oldest (now 22) discovered various classic rock artists and asking me if I'd heard anything from Van Halen or Bruce Springsteen. Apparently, he'd been temporarily deaf each time he got in the car. 

• Like 11

apparently - paul mccartney appeared on something (briefly) with kayne west? anyway, some popular with the bopper crowed.   someone posted a comment that his (paul mccartney) career will now be made. . . . .

:mellow: :huh:  :svengo:

almost as funny as the girl standing in line to watch clueless (based upon emma) commenting what a great script writer jane austen *is*.

• Like 7

I feel old when I hear songs and movies being remade by younger artists.  WHY?  What was wrong with the original?  Your new version sounds funny to me!

money.  they remake movies for the same reason.  bring it to a "new audience" so they'll make new money.

I was in a store the first time I heard madonna singing diamonds are a girls best friend. :eek:  no. just . . . NO.    :ack2:  :ack2: 

girl . .  you ain't in marilyn's league.

actually - it was bad enough to make me leave the store without buying anything.

• Like 1

someone sang a karen carpenter song

at a reception.  I had to go listen to the real deal - and so I went onto youtube  . . .

she died in feb. of 1983 . . . . I remembered when they were releasing music . . . . I felt old.

she had such an amazing voice.

trivia - the song came from a bank commercial.  richard heard it on late night tv and jumped that they needed to record it.  it's become a classic.