Menu

Christmas Cookies

KBadd

this is a recipe from my grandmother, that she got from a niece.  so, it made it around the family.

they are extremely crisp - but also very delicate.  they get raves.  they keep well in a sealed container in a cool location.

you can  1/2 the recipe.

Sugar Cookies

1c powdered sugar

1c granulated sugar

1c butter

1c oil

2 eggs

Mix well in stand mixer. slowly add:

4 ½ c + 2 Tbsp. flour, sifted.

1t salt

1t cream of tarter

1t soda

1t vanilla

Roll in balls.  Roll balls in granulated sugar then place on cookie sheet.   Use a flat bottomed glass dipped in sugar to flatten each ball, redipping in sugar as needed so balls don’t stick.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes then place on rack to cool.

• Like 1

Persimmon Cookies

(ideal for those type of persimmon that leave a weird taste sensation on your tongue because the baking neutralizes this completely)

2 persimmon, peeled, and pureed

1 cup of sugar

1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter

1 egg

2 cups of flour

1 t baking soda

1 t ground cinnamon

1/2 t ground cloves

1/2 t nutmeg

1/2 t salt

1 cup of either dried fruit or finely chopped nuts)

Combine all ingreds - fold in fruit/nuts last. Drop onto cookie sheet or roll into a small ball. Bake at F375 for 12-15 minutes.

Edited by Liz CA
  • Like 1

Put minced candied ginger in your fav gingersnap recipe.  I love those bits of chewy ginger in a cookie!

Today is classic rollout/bake/ice sugar cookie day. 

Yesterday was my first FAILURE - my annual date-filled cookies rolled in nuts refused to bake!  Oven was hot, left them in 12,15, 20 minutes and the nuts started to burn while the dough stayed like Playdough, totally uncooked!  First time this has ever happened!!!!  Grrrrrrr

One year I grabbed cornstarch instead of baking powder for biscuits, Oops. But I KNOW I followed this date thing recipe exactly as I always have.