Menu

Early pregnancy care package ideas?

AnnE-girl

My dear friend is expecting her first after almost two years of struggling to conceive. It's still very early, and she's very nervous. I'd like to send her care package of early pregnancy pampering things. So far, I've thought of some good chocolate and maybe ginger tea, although she hasn't had morning sickness yet. Any ideas?

• Like 1

When the morning sickness is bad, I don't want to cook (I normally love to cook).  I don't to be confined to sitting in a restaurant or smell the food there.

So our family's diet mostly consists of quick convenience foods or carry-out for a while.  I would appreciate gift cards to places that offer comfort-food carry-out and have a varied selection, like Bob Evans, Cracker Barrel, Panera...

I would like a neck pillow for the frequent napping in odd places.  A hot water bottle or rice heating pad.

• Like 2

My wife's OB-GYN believes that it is bad luck, to tell people, early in a pregnancy, about the pregnancy.  My stepson and his wife did that and then lost the pregnancy.  I would suggest to her that she take it very easy, get a lot of sleep, eat well, and if her OB-GYN says it is OK, to exercise. GL to her and her DH.

nicely scented bodywash or  lotion.

things for a mani-pedi?  (I don't do polish - but do enjoy the good moisturizers etc.)

just an aside - I had an AVERSION (in capital letters) to chocolate when I was pg with 1ds.  I hadn't even taken a pg test when I was ready to throw an ice cream sundae across the room within seconds of it being placed in front of me,  because - chocolate.   

• Like 1

nicely scented bodywash or lotion.

things for a mani-pedi? (I don't do polish - but do enjoy the good moisturizers etc.)

just an aside - I had an AVERSION (in capital letters) to chocolate when I was pg with 1ds. I hadn't even taken a pg test when I was ready to throw an ice cream sundae across the room within seconds of it being placed in front of me, because - chocolate.

I, sadly, tend to develop an aversion to pretty much all food. When I find something that doesn't make me want to gag, I'll eat that almost exclusively until I develop an aversion to it as well.

The food aversion is almost (only almost...) worse than the nausea.

• Like 1

gift certificate to a maternity store or bra store.  :-)  

body pillow

ramen noodles

blank pregnancy journal

To the PP who said it's bad luck to tell.... that's *obviously* bunk... the number of people who know someone is pregnant does not correlate to miscarriage rates...   :closedeyes: .  Whether or not a couple tells early is more to do with whether or not they can stand to wait, whether or not they would want support in the event of a loss, whether or not they want others to share in the joy as long as possible... the list goes on...

As someone who has experienced a lot of miscarriages, I would suggest you make the care package all about her, with little reference to pregnancy.  That way, if things don't go as hoped, she can still enjoy your gift.  Sucking on a preggie pop after a miscarriage is going to be really hard.  

So, maybe a movie, some quick snacks, a gift card to a favorite take out place, etc.

• Like 3