Menu

Need audio book suggestions for me.

dirty ethel rackham

I have some audible credits to use.  I may cancel my subscription so I want to use up my credits.  Any ideas for some enjoyable audio books?  I have tried a couple, but didn't like the narrator. 

Books I have read lately and have enjoyed:

The Forgotten Garden

Everyone Brave is Forgiven

Anything by Lian Moriarty

All the Light We Cannot See

I've read some non-fiction that I have liked, but I wonder if that would be difficult in an audio format.  I did like Boys in the Boat, but did not love the narrator ... not dynamic enough for the material (sad parts and exciting parts sounded the same as the neutral descriptive parts.) 

Should I get a Great Courses class?  If you have a great one on literature, I'd be open to that.

I'm in somewhat the same situation.

I found GC culinary history and cultural history of interest and well suited to the audio format.  I got a lit one on a GC sale, but not listened yet.

I have liked some nonfiction, and to me it seems better in audio often than to have to read it.

I loved the narrators for Ender's Shadow, and even though it was intended for my ds, enjoyed it myself.  Sometimes when I find a narrator I like, I look for what else the narrator has read.  

The Wave by Susan Casey is one of my all time favorite books and the audio is excellent.  I am super picky about narrators and generally have not liked women as such, but this one is wonderful.  It is an oddball book, part geology, part oceanography, part surfer magazine, and I don't know, I just find it riveting.

Ditto on Harry Potter. They are so well done! Great use of your credits!

The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton (my fave after The Forgotten Garden. It's on sale, so just buy it & use your credit towards a full price item. Also loved The House at Riverton. Did not love The Distant Hours.)

The Nightingale

The Light Between Oceans