Menu

Rotten egg smell in couch

melbotoast

Sigh. Someone who shall remain nameless broke a rotten egg on my couch, then tried to clean it up herself, spreading it around even more. The couch is microfiber, usually very easy to clean, but I am not sure how to get the smell out. Any ideas?

Do you mind sharing the details of just exactly how this rotten egg came to be broken on your couch??? :lurk5: 

Inquiring minds want to know (or at least realize that they are not alone!)  :lol:

I understand that those who are in the Witness Protection Program must forever remain anonymous, but the details of this crime are just too intriguing to remain unasked!

• Like 6

I would try some pet stain remover spray--like Nature's Miracle. Let it soak in a bit then use a wet cloth to clean it off. It may take a couple applications to get it all out.

Kids and Pets is a good option too. Both are enzymatic cleaners and Cinder is right that that may be just what you need.

Edited by Jyhwkmama
  • Like 1

Do you mind sharing the details of just exactly how this rotten egg came to be broken on your couch??? :lurk5: 

Inquiring minds want to know (or at least realize that they are not alone!)  :lol:

I understand that those who are in the Witness Protection Program must forever remain anonymous, but the details of this crime are just too intriguing to remain unasked!

Well, let's say there was a really enthusiastic little girl and a very tired mom. This girl spotted an egg on the side of the road and was convinced that it was some kind of exotic bird or snake egg and that she could take it home and rescue it. After driving by it for a few days, mom finally caved and let her bring it home. Little girl made a cozy little nest (safely inside a tupperware bowl) and was convinced that soon her new pet would hatch. Although mom tried to tell her that room temperature was fine, dad (unaware of what was going on) told her that eggs needed to be warm, so she set her nest in front of a space heater and took the eggs temperature frequently to make sure it was warm enough.

So this morning, mom took off to the store (alone!) figuring nothing could happen to the egg in its spill proof nest. However, little girl decided to check on her egg while sitting on the couch watching her morning cartoons. Apparently the egg mysteriously slipped from her hands and fell on the thermometer, where it cracked and started leaking all over the couch.

Must resist giving in next time! :headdesk:

• Like 8

Well, let's say there was a

tired mom. This girl spotted an egg on the side of the road and was convinced that it was some kind of exotic bird or snake egg and that she could take it home and rescue it. After driving by it for a few days, mom finally caved and let her bring it home. Little girl made a cozy little nest (safely inside a tupperware bowl) and was convinced that soon her new pet would hatch.

, so she set her nest in front of a space heater and took the eggs temperature frequently to make sure it was warm enough.

So this morning, mom took off to the store (alone!) figuring nothing could happen to the egg in its spill proof nest. However, little girl decided to check on her egg while sitting on the couch watching her morning cartoons. Apparently the egg mysteriously slipped from her hands and fell on the thermometer, where it cracked and started leaking all over the couch.

Must resist giving in next time! :headdesk:

I have not laughed that hard in weeks...   :lol:

Thank you for providing such a delightful play by play...and for giving us such quotable moments:

really enthusiastic little girl and a very tired mom...

After driving by it for a few days...  :driving:

Although mom tried to tell her that room temperature was fine, dad (unaware of what was going on) told her that eggs needed to be warm...   :svengo:

#hilarious!!!  

• Like 4

This was the funniest thing I read all day. I love that you kept driving by it and that this little girl thought it must be something WONDERFUL. You have obviously cultured a sense of delight and wonder in your home. Also, eggs you find on the side of the road should always be kept in storage bins like this one:242b289a7dd40b366c1ccdd9d607f58d.jpg

Edited by Mrs_JWM
  • Like 3