Menu

The Teachers Lounge 10-31-2016

scrapbookbuzz

The Lounge is now OPEN!

Yes, I know I said I would open on Tuesday but for some reason, I had some spare time this morning and thought

I'd open the Lounge.

Remember, teachers ONLY, no students 18 or younger!

This is a place for us homeschool mamas, and papas, to hang out and chill. No heated debates - just fellowship.

You know those questions I usually ask? I had one all prepped and within 60 seconds forgot what it was! Oi!

May need more coffee today!

So here are some others:

What's on your schedule for today? Here: business planning and prep with DD18, taxiing kids to drama class, grocery shopping, muffin baking, meal prepping, then a movie and a pre-writein for NaNoWriMo with friends.

Who's celebrating Reformation Day? Here: somewhat. I refuse to acknowledge today as Halloween. My personal preference is to recognize today as various friends' birthdays and Reformation Day, the day Martin Luther tacked his 99 theses to the door of the Roman Catholic church - thus beginning the Protestant movement. Disclaimer: I have nothing against Catholics as individuals; I've enjoyed great fellowship with many. However, when it comes to theology, I do side with Luther.

What was that other question I wanted to ask all of you? . . . Here: still trying to figure it out! B-)

Talk to me! :bigear:

Edited by scrapbookbuzz

I don't think there are any under 18 posters on this board at the moment, so I don't think you have to worry about that.

Schedule - clean, school, drive ds everywhere.

Happy Reformation Day.  We're actually celebrating nothing today since we had our annual Halloween/Reformation Day pizza and movie night last night instead.  With two working adults in our house (one with college homework), it was better done on the weekend.  We watched The Imitation Game.  Benedict Cumberbatch depicted Turin as very Aspie-ish but ds (Aspie) says that the jury is out on that. 

• Like 1

Schedule - no school today!  It's a rather big holiday in our house.  I'll be finishing costumes, making pie, and waiting for my shoes to arrive. :)

We are not celebrating Reformation Day.  Grew up Catholic. ;)  Instead, we spent last night going over Halloween's origins, All Saints Day, and schooling our teen on the meaning of hallows.  How he got through Harry Potter without it I'll never know.  Happy Reformation Day, though! :D

Jean, I enjoyed The Imitation Game. Very insightful. I should have my Aspie watch it, and see what she thinks about him possibly having been on the spectrum.

HomeAgain, thank you for the well wishes, Heathen. Just kidding! I'm glad we can both celebrate something today.

That's a good point about knowing what "hallows" are. I'm not even sure I know. Hmm. Time to look that up!

Now to go be a responsible adult!

• Like 1

Regular school stuff here today, plus Reformation Day reading. Love Paul Maier's picture book bio of Luther!

We do trick-or-treat and our street has great social time on Halloween. Especially when the weather is warm! Our neighbors on the cul-de-sac grill hot dogs and everyone hangs out and talks. We have 4 new families on our street since the spring, so there will be lots of meet abd greet tonight.

My kids will be dressed as Hermione Granger and the Green Lantern.

• Like 1

HomeAgain, thank you for the well wishes, Heathen. Just kidding! I'm glad we can both celebrate something today.

That's a good point about knowing what "hallows" are. I'm not even sure I know. Hmm. Time to look that up!

Now to go be a responsible adult!

LOL You just hit on a family joke! :D That's what we call ourselves in this very Protestant town.

• Like 1

Schedule: DD#1 told me this morning that she believes Halloween should be a school holiday. I wanted to get some work done anyway, so I acquiesced. :) Took the kids to Chick-fil-A for lunch. We'll trick-or-treat around the neighborhood this evening.

Reformation Day: DH and I told each other "happy Reformation Day" this morning--does that count? We sang "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God" at church yesterday for Reformation Sunday. Otherwise, I have kiddos who are pretty stinkin' excited to dress up for Halloween.

What else to ask: You were going to ask where my mailman is, and the answer is I DON'T KNOW. The mail ALWAYS gets delivered to our house by noon. It's almost 3:30 and he's not here yet, and he's got an Amazon package with new curriculum for me, so I want him to show up already! (Or maybe you were going to ask which virtue each of us needs to work on. For me, it's clearly patience. ;))

• Like 1

Sounds like a fun filled day (at least somewhat) for all! Have a fun and SAFE evening!

NOTE: the Lounge may not be open until late morning/early afternoon tomorrow because I will be up LATE

tonight for a NaNoWriMo  kick-off and I plan on sleeping IN in the morning. At least until time to get up and get 

ready for an appointment!

See you all tomorrow . . . maybe.

The Lounge is now CLOSED.