Menu

Of course it is...

wimseycat

I remember doing that same thing maybe 20+ years ago when an Indian friend took me to an Indian restaurant.

I've tried making it at home from actual recipes, but have had the most success using jarred sauces like Patak's.   I make basmati rice in the rice cooker, add in some frozen green peas when it's done and serve with store bought naan that I nuke.  Not as good as the real deal, but pretty good.

• Like 1

Allrecipes has a fantastic butter chicken recipe.

I think I use the one on All Recipes too, it seriously tastes just as good as from a restaurant.

DD would love this.  There seems to be several variations on All Recipes.  Can you post or link the actual recipe you use?

Allrecipes has a fantastic butter chicken recipe. I make double batches--it freezes well. The funny thing is there's not a lot of butter in it if I remember correctly.

You are right there is about 2 tbsp from the recipe I looked at. Must be the greek yogurt and 1/2 & 1/2 that kicks it up.