Menu

Dumb question about wax warmers

Home'scool

I love having different scents in my house and used to burn incense all the time.

I have started using wax warmers to a longer lasting fragrance. The problem I am having, tho, it that it doesn't smell as much as I thought it would. I am thinking it is because I am running the AC, and maybe the unit cannot get hot enough? The wax definitely melts. Also, maybe the AC is pushing around the air too much?

Any ideas?

I find the best thing to do is turn on a ceiling fan, to spread the smell. And brand of wax cube makes a big difference. The ones at walmart seems to smell the best, for whatever reason. The ones from Yankee Candle hardly smell at, which seems weird. 

• Like 1

Wax warmers are great, but some brands last longer or are more potent than others when it comes to tarts/melts. Yankee lasts longer as a lower output, scentsy is strongest, and the cheapies at the grocery store are good on sale but I replace them every few days.

Edited by Arctic Mama

An equivalent of that I get from Melaleuca is my favorite. It's like a warm cider/fall spices combo and it's amazing. Not too sweet, not too spicy, and covers the cloth diaper pail 'fragrance' very nicely :p

We run our a/c 24/7 and I can smell ours 99% of the time. I use it in our kitchen/great room area. Some scents are just stronger than others. That being said, I use 2 wax melts in the warmer at a time and I use Scentsy. Also, I don't use it overnight. That seems like a waste to me. They are only good for so many hours. Some seem to last a couple of days, some seem to lose their scent in a day. Reading this, I realized that I'm not smelling the one I had going over the weekend, so time to change it for another one. :)

We like the BH&G cinnamon and spice.

Yes, and they have one that is gourmet spice or something I love too. I don't like the sweet ones much. 

Although I'm using my diffuser 90 percent of the time now. Better stronger fragrance, and maybe healthier. Today was a mix of rosemary, cinnamon, clove, and orange. 

• Like 1

I agree with those that have said the brand matters. I have only been using hand-made ones, but today I bought Better Homes and Garden one from Walmart because I wanted an apple scent now! For the first time, I can smell the scent throughout the house. The ones I buy at craft shows, I can really just smell in the kitchen.

Kijjhjjhvgbnbc😳😳â¤ï¸â¤ï¸ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜¶ðŸ˜¶ðŸ“¹ðŸ“¸â˜Žï¸â˜Žï¸ðŸ“ŸðŸ“€ðŸŽšâ›²ï¸â›²ï¸â›²ï¸ðŸ­ðŸŽ¢ðŸ—🎠🎠🚹🚹♿ï¸â™¿ï¸ðŸ›…🚰✅😃😉😋😙🤑😶🤔😡😣😮😦😓😷💩💀😸😂😇☺ï¸ðŸ˜—😛ðŸ˜ðŸ™„😠☹ï¸â˜¹ï¸ðŸ˜¤ðŸ˜¯ðŸ˜ªðŸ¤ðŸ‘ºðŸ˜ºðŸ˜½ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜˜ðŸ™ƒðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ¤—🤗🤗😒😒😟ðŸ™ðŸ™ðŸ™ðŸ˜©ðŸ˜©ðŸ˜©ðŸ˜¥ðŸ˜°ðŸ˜¥ðŸ˜¥ðŸ˜¥ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜´ðŸ¤–👹😼😬😬😅ðŸ˜ðŸ˜šðŸ˜ŽðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ™‚😀😄😤😤😤😬🙂😘☺ï¸ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜ƒðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜™ðŸ˜¶ðŸ¤‘😙😗ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ ðŸ˜ ðŸ˜©ðŸ˜©ðŸ˜©

Me thinks one of Woolc's kids responded!

• Like 2