Menu

Obnoxious HS T-Shirts

Soror

lol

Many/most? of my shirts have something on them. But not homeschooling related. I like novelty shirts.

Me too. I mostly wear screen print/vintage tees. My current faves are my Star Wars, Harry Potter & School House Rock shirts. And this one (that I bought for a buck, woo-hoo).

I've always had plain shirts too, but this spring and summer I bought a bunch of tee shirts from Out of Print and Zulily. I have Mike Mulligan, Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Jane Eyre, HP, Harold and the Purple Crayon, Oz, Elephant and Piggie, and one with a picture of Pete the Cat that says, "I still read children's books." :D

Well, now I'm going to have to look up some of these. Elephant & Piggie shirt? What? :drool5:

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 2

Am I the only one who owns zero shirts with words on them? My shirts are shirts, not signs.

My shirts are all plain. Mostly because I can't wear crew necks--they make me feel like I'm gagging--and most graphic shirts are crew-neck.

The t-shirt is gone now, I can't even find it on their site at all. The power of the hive???? It was a badly drawn cartoon with a picture of a pregnant girl and gang/druggie kid I guess- and something about not wanting that kind of socialization. 

:huh:   I didn't see it but what you describe ... I have no words.

I think I need to get a couple homeschool t-shirts.  I don't have any yet.   I have some plain t-shirts that I wear when I'm trying to be dressier but day-to-day I wear ones with pictures, text, logos, etc.  I have a bunch from old jobs, a few from dd's university/dance team/sorority, a bunch from 4-H, our lake/swim team, vacation destinations.

Dh has a collection of original concert t-shirts from the last 70's/early 80's.   He was a merchandising manager for various bands (The Who, Jethro Tull, Genesis, a few others).  Unfortunately they don't come close to fitting either of us, the younger guys aren't interested.  But oldest used to wear vintage AC/DC and Led Zeppelin shirts to school and her teachers/professors would go nuts.

I ordered some of the Star War theme ones for my kids yesterday.  They love Star Wars and will get a kick out of them. 

One of my olders had the "Warning:  Unsocialized Homeschool"  t-shirt years ago.  He wore it happily.  I think he even wore it into his college years because he got so many laughs out of it.

I've never liked the one in the original post.  YUCK!  I didn't like the message let alone the design! It's been in their inventory for years so they must sell some of them?

• Like 2

I ordered some of the Star War theme ones for my kids yesterday. They love Star Wars and will get a kick out of them.

One of my olders had the "Warning: Unsocialized Homeschool" t-shirt years ago. He wore it happily. I think he even wore it into his college years because he got so many laughs out of it.

I've never liked the one in the original post. YUCK! I didn't like the message let alone the design! It's been in their inventory for years so they must sell some of them?

I really like the Jedi ones.

Am I the only one who owns zero shirts with words on them? My shirts are shirts, not signs. There are too many people staring at my amazingly fabulous bOOks already!!!

When I was in university I had a shirt that looked like a university shirt, with "STFU - subsiste sermonem statim" on it:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/cd/02/f0/cd02f0bc28c87d1ee81a66e773989085.jpg

I have other shirts with words too, but that's I think the only one that was related to school of any kind. This time travel one is educational though:

https://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QW-CHEATSHEET&Category_Code=010

And the escape velocity one (which is probably the only home-related shirt I've ever owned):

http://pillownaut.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-nasa-shirts.html

The t-shirt is gone now, I can't even find it on their site at all. The power of the hive???? It was a badly drawn cartoon with a picture of a pregnant girl and gang/druggie kid I guess- and something about not wanting that kind of socialization. 

If you put the link in archive.org, they do have a picture (at least on the one they archived in March), though it was kind of slow to load.