Menu

Prayer Request

I got a phone call from Caleb yesterday. He has been dropped from his platoon (Marine Corps boot camp) because he has pneumonia. Once he is better he will be assigned to a different platoon. Would you please pray with us for a speedy and complete recovery?

Also, this delays his graduation date. We already bought plane tickets--and then found out right afterward that we should have waited but it was too late. Obviously this is not as big of a concern as Caleb getting better quickly, but we are hoping to find a way to avoid the $150 x 6 fee (or some of it) of changing those tickets.

I know that God is willing and able to take care of the situation, but I would appreciate having others praying with us about this.

Oh no, poor guy! I will pray he gets better quickly and is able to graduate. It can be so discouraging to get "recycled"!

And prayers for the fees too, can you explain the situation to the airline? Maybe they would make a "patriotic exception" this time? Its worth a shot!

Praying for a speedy recovery for Caleb.

Seconding the idea to check with the airlines on the flight changes. Get a note from the doctor stating his condition. We've been able to get refunds on tickets when dc were too sick to fly. I expect they'd waive the change fee in your case.

Thanks everyone! We just got a call from Caleb. He only had two minutes to talk, but he says he is better and returned to training the day after he called home to say he was sick. His graduation has been set back a week. He heard that since his new graduation date is so close to Christmas he may get extra time for leave--possibly a month. We'll see. I've been waiting to call the airline until we heard more news. I think I'll go ahead and call tomorrow even though we don't have the full details yet. It would probably be good to start working on it at least. Thanks again.

Jenni