Menu

What would you name a beach house?

Artichoke

Dh and I are experiencing a dream come true by buying a beach house.  We'll live there part of the time and rent it out the rest.   in all of the years that we've been planning, we haven't ever thought about naming it.  It's just always been " The Beach House".  We'd use that name if we could, but it's already taken in the area.  Actually, it's been taken three times. 

It's on the Gulf of Mexico.  We'd like a name with Christian connotations, if we could think of one that hasn't already been used.  Beach Blessings is also being used multiple times.  We thought of using Sonshine and Sand, but it looks weird to us when we write out.  So please, hit me with your best beach house names.  They can be either secular or Christian. 

Edited by Artichoke

Gulf Blessings

Once Upon a Tide

Heavenly Hideaway

How Sweet the Sound (is it near a sound?)

Dreaming by the Sea

Chasing Waves

Sail Away with Me

Thanks!  These are really good.  I like them all.  My favorites are Once Upon a Tide and Heavenly Hideaway. 

Why don't you browse Psalms for some ideas? My own opinion is that a beach house name should have some meaning to the individual owner. Psalms is full of nature references, even seashore/ocean ones, maybe something will strike a chord with you.

Also, many classic hyms have references to the see [eta seA LOL!]. Grab a hymnal and flip through it. Some of those 4th and 5th verses that never get sung aloud have some lovely lyrics.

Edited by Seasider
  • Like 4

Why don't you browse Psalms for some ideas? My own opinion is that a beach house name should have some meaning to the individual owner. Psalms is full of nature references, even seashore/ocean ones, maybe something will strike a chord with you.

Also, many classic hyms have references to the see [eta seA LOL!]. Grab a hymnal and flip through it. Some of those 4th and 5th verses that never get sung aloud have some lovely lyrics.

Good idea! This made me think of Beach Dwelling,

I can't tell you the exact name--personal pronouns involved--but it was ironic in that it was our last name, a synonym for "home" and the street name which converged with similar syllable structure in all three proper nouns. It was beautiful though, and it only after we were there awhile that it occurred to us. It is now embroidered in a complicated cross-stitch I had designed. And now we are selling it. :0/

My suggestion is to let the name come to you.

Look at the rentals in the Outer Banks for names of cottages and beach houses.

My thoughts:

Conch Cottage

Coquina Cottage

By the Sea of Galilee

Sands of the Sea

Gift of the Sea

Gleam Across the Wave (from one of my favorite hymns: Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy, also known as Let The Lower Lights Be Burning)

But, like Patty Joanna said, let it come to you.

Congratulations on a your beach house. And let us know what you name it, if you feel so inclined.

Edited by Gaillardia
  • Like 1

Look at the rentals in the Outer Banks for names of cottages and beach houses.

My thoughts:

Conch Cottage

Coquina Cottage

By the Sea of Galilee

Sands of the Sea

Gift of the Sea

Gleam Across the Wave (from one of my favorite hymns: Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy, also known as Let The Lower Lights Be Burning)

But, like Patty Joanna said, let it come to you.

Congratulations on a your beach house. And let us know what you name it, if you feel so inclined.

Thanks! I did check this out. There are so many names. I had no idea naming a place would be this hard. I'm trying to take Patty Joanna's advice to let it come to me.

• Like 1