Menu

Good extra large capacity washer?

maize

I have a GE king size capacity washer that has been going strong for almost 7 years now. Bought from Home Depot but I am not able to find it on their website. It's good for king and great for full and queen.

I'm not sure if it's this one (model number is on the back and I am not able to move it due to the way it's set up) but it looks a lot like it:

http://appliances.monogram.com/ApplProducts/WJRE5550HWW

• Like 1

I have a fairly small stackable front loader unit that handles our queen comforter nicely. The huge Cabrio I used to have (and otherwise loved) couldn't because of the centre spinny thing (forget what those are called). Not having one seems to have made the difference, because the capacity of my current washer is actually much smaller.

• Like 1

I have a fairly small stackable front loader unit that handles our queen comforter nicely. The huge Cabrio I used to have (and otherwise loved) couldn't because of the centre spinny thing (forget what those are called). Not having one seems to have made the difference, because the capacity of my current washer is actually much smaller.

I haven't wanted a front loader because they seem to get very mixed reviews, but I'd forgotten to consider stackable. Right now our washer and dryer are in the garage, but if we ever get around to remodeling the downstairs bathroom we might put stackable machines in there. Would be nice not to have to go out to the garage to do the laundry in the winter when it is freezing! We really do need to get the bathroom done as right now we have only one shower for a family of 8--as these kids hit adolescence two showers would be really nice :)

• Like 1

We have an LG Ultra-capacity that has been a workhorse for us for 7 years. KNOCK ON ALL THE WOOD

I have no strong love feelings lol call me crazy but I just expect appliances to work and this one does. I had been handwashing everything for a couple months before we got this though, and for like two weeks DH and I would steal down to the basement and just watch the magical cleaning machine <3

I have a hand made BLUE JEAN quilt (don't ask) that is California king size, with batting and backed with fleece. We only use it for car camping, basically, and it's been incredibly grimy. I just throw it in and it comes out clean. The kids make unspeakable messes, of course.

I can't find a picture of the exact year/model of ours(it's discontinued)  but it's very similar to this one here. Ours has a "wool" cycle too and the buttons are round. I assume it's the same size?

Edited by OKBud

We have an LG Ultra-capacity that has been a workhorse for us for 7 years. KNOCK ON ALL THE WOOD

I have no strong love feelings lol call me crazy but I just expect appliances to work and this one does. I had been handwashing everything for a couple months before we got this though, and for like two weeks DH and I would steal down to the basement and just watch the magical cleaning machine <3

I have a hand made BLUE JEAN quilt (don't ask) that is California king size, with batting and backed with fleece. We only use it for car camping, basically, and it's been incredibly grimy. I just throw it in and it comes out clean. The kids make unspeakable messes, of course.

I can't find a picture of the exact year/model of ours(it's discontinued)  but it's very similar to this one here. Ours has a "wool" cycle too and the buttons are round. I assume it's the same size?

My LG front loader is very similar to that one and I puffy heart love it.  Ours is only three or four years old but so far it's been trouble free.