Menu

swim shirts/rash guards good brands...

bettyandbob

I'm looking for me. I'm looking for something that can take daily use in chlorinated water--I do rinse, but it will be daily use. 

I got a Sporti shirt last year and it was only a few wearings before it completely stretched out and hung down to my thighs. 

What brands have you had good luck with. 

I've had good luck with Land's End.  I think their 40% off swim sale ends tonight, too.

I've also had good luck with a brand called Splash Gear that you can find at SwimOutlet.com

Edited by umsami

If your reason is sun protection I've had good experiences with Solumbra / Sun Precautions.  They are expensive, but they have also lasted for years and really do block sun well. An old rash guard shirt I have from the 1990's which I think was then "unisex" is thicker and stronger than one I got more recently which is a women's, so I cannot say that the new one will last well over a decade or two like the old one (though not in daily use and with ups and downs over the years), but I suspect it will do pretty well too, and it is more comfortable and cuter. I like the black rash guard type pants since I can wear them as warm weather leggings as well as to swim in. I also use the shirts for sun protection when doing things other than swimming.

Lands End last season were much lower in quality than years past. DH's, DS's, and one DD's from last year are trashed. In contrast, DH has one from 6-7 years ago that still looks still great, and in the past, I always handed down outgrown kids' suits. I skipped them this year and need to find some more too.

Lands End last season were much lower in quality than years past. DH's, DS's, and one DD's from last year are trashed. In contrast, DH has one from 6-7 years ago that still looks still great, and in the past, I always handed down outgrown kids' suits. I skipped them this year and need to find some more too.

Call them. I had this problem 2 years ago and they refunded my money AND promptly sent all new ones. I was blown away by their exceptional service. I wasn't asking for any compensation I just wanted them to know their quality was decreasing.

• Like 1