Menu

When my now-16 DS was born, it took 3 hours to bring him into the world.

Ginevra

But it takes 12 hours to bring his marked-up rough draft into a final research paper that will hopefully earn him an "A." Or a B -, even. I'm not that picky.

Sheesh. I deserve a Mike's Hard. I would rather write ten of my own research papers than help one teenager write his.

• Like 23

Yep. We were supposed to be done with school last Friday but have about a week more of math (because we skipped math every day she had a track meet), a handful of English assignments, and then the final essay. She was supposed to write a first draft last Monday--I think she may have an outline. I would love to get to the marked-up draft stage! At this rate we'll be schooling until the public schools are out on the 16th. Bleah. I'm ready for a break.

• Like 1

ROFL - boy do I hear you.  15.5 year old boy had to right a 250 word essay for an application to an auditioned musical theater/opera program he REALLY wants to get into again for his 2nd year.  We went around on the editing like 5 times on it!  I swear it looked like a 10 year old wrote it the first round.  And I know this kid is fully capable.  He has summer on the brain. 

We got it done this evening.  I'm celebrating with hard cider.  ;)

Edited by WoolySocks
  • Like 1

ROFL - boy do I hear you. 15.5 year old boy had to right a 250 word essay for an application to an auditioned musical theater/opera program he REALLY wants to get into again for his 2nd year. We went around on the editing like 5 times on it! I swear it looked like a 10 year old wrote it the first round. And I know this kid is fully capable. He has summer on the brain.

We got it done this evening. I'm celebrating with hard cider. ;)

Hijack- will you share he name of the program? My 16 year old ds loves musical theatre and opera. Feel free to PM. Thanks!

• Like 1