Menu

I Have to Share..

DS earned an A in chemistry.  Nine months ago, I was pulling my hair out trying to find a way for DS to type his chem math.  The kid has dysgraphia and dyscalculia for crying out loud.  Rough does not even begin to describe how the beginning of 10th grade was looking.  Anyhoo..

Praise Him and hang in there Ladies!  Hang in there!

Heather

• Like 27

Awesome!  I would be interested to know how you got over the writing issue, as we are already finding chemical equations written out for biology are a bit..ummm.. artistic.  Chemistry will be next for DD.

• Like 3

Awesome!  I would be interested to know how you got over the writing issue, as we are already finding chemical equations written out for biology are a bit..ummm.. artistic.  Chemistry will be next for DD.

DS wound up using the Mathematics Add-In for Word and One Note because he could edit directly in the Word document.  The Add-In allows you to create and save equations that you use quite a bit.  That feature came in handy when DS was solving calorimetry problems and converting units.  Son's attention to detail went way up after having to type the math.  He also learned how to apply significant figures by typing.  BTW, he is not typing math now.  He is very careful now with writing and pays special attention to units.. :001_wub:

Edited by Heathermomster
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...