Menu

Fun, funny podcasts for kids ages 8-12 or so?

6packofun

Ds9 has major issues with falling asleep.  We require that he not use screens of any kind in the hour (or two if we can) before going to bed, but I think he'd like to listen to a podcast of some kind while he lays there with his eyes wide open looking at the ceiling and his stupid room.  LOL  (That's his commentary on what he's doing while he waits to get tired, AKA for his melatonin to kick in.  :P )  He really likes humor and adventure so something along those lines.  Educational ones that include humor are OK, too...if it's too bland he'll end up being restless rather than be bored to sleep, unfortunately!

So far we've only tried Good Job, Brain! and that's sort of hit or miss.  Any suggestions?

"Brains on!"Podcast is fun.

If Christian content is acceptable to your family, then "melody, mystery, and mayhem" but that might be a tad too young for your target ages.

"Classics for kids" is good but short.

"Once upon a bedtime story" is another storytelling podcast.

What about something from librivox? You can download the sections as podcasts I think.

Dd listened to favorite books. Not a new book because she would want to know what was going to happen; not music, she would want to sing or dance; just a favorite book. It was endless years of the Narnia or Wizard of Oz series. I hope you find something that helps him relax.  :grouphug:

"The Official Adventures in Odyssey" podcast

If streaming, on-demand stuff is ok, then here are two that I assume are good, but I haven't actually listened to them:   Red Rock Mysteries on keysforkids.net and Brinkman Adventures

ETA:  Old kiddie records can be streamed/downloaded from here.  Some of them are very kiddie, but Robin Hood on the 2005 page is a fun one even for older kids, I think.

Edited by domestic_engineer

The Ramen Noodle

That Story Show

Both are clean comedy podcasts with mild Christian content.  Well, the podcasters are Christian.  My sons love them and listen to them over and over.

Edited by Garga

Dd listened to favorite books. Not a new book because she would want to know what was going to happen; not music, she would want to sing or dance; just a favorite book. It was endless years of the Narnia or Wizard of Oz series. I hope you find something that helps him relax. :grouphug:

I do the same. I listen all night, actually. It gives me something to focus on instead of focusing on not-sleeping, but I don't need to stay awake to find out what's hapoening next. A book with an enjoyable narrator is essential with the approach!