Menu

How active are the sale/swap boards here now? Where to sell used curriculum?

• 2 weeks later...

I am graduating my youngest and will no longer be homeschooling. I got YEARS of books, materials, curriculum to sell/give away. ( I must charge shipping if I GIVE away items!)

Are the sale/swap boards here still a good place to sell things?

Where do you suggest listing?

Thanks!

Pam

Let us know where you list them. Looks like you are near me.......would love to hear what you are wanting to sell :)

Selling books/curriculum here on the "For sale" board is OK. It helps if you're selling popular items and selling them cheap-less than half the original price. Charge postage as that can get expensive. Choose book rate postage for shipping. Disclose the condition of the books you are selling, writing on pages, highlighting, binding, etc.

I've bought books and curriculum here and been very happy. I am not so successful selling here, and given up selling here since I don't sell books/curriculum that are hyped and popular on the boards. Occasionally I will list.

Amazon is better for individual books. I've been most successful selling on Amazon. 

Edited by Ms Brooks

Some here, there, and everywhere.

My work is winding down for the summer, and I've been listing at least one book a day.

I much prefer Amazon because I list it, they take the money, and it's done. I sold a set a month ago that I listed last June that way.

For more WTM-specific items, sometimes here is better. 

And sometimes I list things multiple places too. 

If I really can't get much for it on Amazon, and it's just a paperback, I put it on Paperback Swap.