Menu

S/O of Russain novel - WTMA wishlist

Is there a place where we can beg SWB to consider offering certain online classes? I would love to see if TWTMA would offer electives on Russian Literature, Modern Latin Literature, maybe even more narrow classes focused on lit outside and in addition of the general Great Books approach currently being offered online. I am salivating on Dostoyevsky class being offered at Wilson Hill, but realize that it would be unworkable for a secular family.

• Like 2

I would love to see Japanese added. I'm having a heck of a time finding a Japanese class for ds.

I wish we knew what their long term thinking is about languages. Are they going to add more? Which means ones? Are they planning all the way through AP?

In the meantime, take a look at Classical Learning Research Center if you haven't. They have a Japanese class. Only one level, but it's a start.

I will pop in with a "debate class" suggestion. 

When my boys wanted to try debate, I came across this online option. I don't have any other information or experience with it.  I did not end up following up on it because we found a local debate club that has been wonderful. 

I hope you find something. This is my boys' first year doing debate and they love it!  They want to continue next year and add some competitive speech events.

Edited by yvonne
  • Like 1

French Conversation level 3, at a decent GMT+1 time.

Yes! And I would love to know if they plan on adding levels every year do they stop at French 4, or should we expect language classes all the way through AP.

You can see I love to plan. 😉

Even in sciences, is there going to be just traditional bio/chem/physics offerings, or can we expect interesting electives (neuroscience?.... )

• Like 2

Yes! And I would love to know if they plan on adding levels every year do they stop at French 4, or should we expect language classes all the way through AP.

You can see I love to plan. 😉

Even in sciences, is there going to be just traditional bio/chem/physics offerings, or can we expect interesting electives (neuroscience?.... )

I can make dd work through grammar and vocab, but I can't speak French.

So her output is lacking.

French composition course would also be nice, but more in a Bravewriter style, 6 weeks here, 6 weeks there.

Not a full course!

Science electives would be very interesting, but not full credits (for us)

• Like 2

Roadrunner & Loesje,

My rising 9th grade daughter could also use a good, small group French conversation+ class for the fall. I want to use a native of France French speaker, though, so as to be as efficient as possible. Not really interested in "dabbling." Maybe we should talk offline about pulling something together if our students are at a common level? Don't see a PM for you, Loesje, but feel free to PM me if you're interested.

yvonne

Roadrunner & Loesje,

My rising 9th grade daughter could also use a good, small group French conversation+ class for the fall. I want to use a native of France French speaker, though, so as to be as efficient as possible. Not really interested in "dabbling." Maybe we should talk offline about pulling something together if our students are at a common level? Don't see a PM for you, Loesje, but feel free to PM me if you're interested.

yvonne

I can't PM through the forum.

But I'll ask Tress to send my email through.

Through AP with a native of France teacher would be good.

Yes, but for now WTMA only has French 1.

I would love just the conversational class right now with a native speaker, because we also feel like we can cover reading, vocab, grammar, and dictee well on our own. Speaking though is another matter.