Menu

For those who read blogs....

what is it that draws you to a blog? I have my favs and I'm analyzing what I like about them. I'm curious what draws you to a blog over and over. Why would you leave a comment? Do you frequent blogs of people who you don't know?

I'd love to do a soc study on the culture of blogs. Other thoughts or comments welcome!

Guest janainaz

I do visit certain blogs and usually end up rolling my eyes at how neat and tidy some people make their days/life look. I have been to blogs to get information and have ended up feeling overwhelmed and downright stupid, honestly! I end up comparing a total facade with reality and it takes me weeks to come to my senses. So, nowadays, I'm interested in finding one blogger who likes to tell it like it is - minus all the fluff. I don't think I can take another "brog" - bragging blog YUCK! I'm done!

I read them to see what other homeschoolers are doing. I like the days when I find something that I can incorporate into our schedule.

I leave comments if I have something to say about what I'm reading. I don't leave bad comments. If I don't like it or have nothing intelligent to say I skip the commenting.

The only blogs I read with any regularity are the ones in the WTM blogring. I try to go around once a week or so. I'm becoming familiar with some of the blogs, but to say I know these parents is a bit of a stretch. Mostly because I haven't precisely figured out who's blog is who's. Some of the names are different from the user names here.

I visit blogs that make me laugh, make me think, help out with my homeschooling journey...there are so many creative homeschoolers out there that I love to visit and get ideas from. I do leave comments. I'm a blogger too, and love chatting and making new friends. To me, a friend is a friend, whether we meet at the park or on the internet- so, yes, I like to comment. I don't ever leave bad comments. If I don't like something, I move right along.

I like to read those that are either ahead of me that use the same curricula or philosophy or those that have children the same age. I like to see pictures of what they're doing, stories about the good AND bad days and whatever clever ideas they've come up with.

Sometimes I'll read a blog just b/c it comes up in a Google search of a term. I read the blogs of those that visit mine but don't always comment (sorry).

I usually only visit craft blogs -- scrapbooking and cards. I love the inspiration.

I also like to visit homeschooling blogs that have info we are studying or something that inspires me to better homeschool.

I'm not really into writing personal thoughts and such on my blog. I basically want it to be a place where my favorite resources are kept in case anyone else is looking for something similar. I also like to show my cards and scrapbook pages. I also use my blog a lot just to locate my own favorite blogs and such.

I do like to show tidbits of my family, but I just don't like to talk to the world as if they are my closest friend, so I don't divulge lots of my personal life. I surely am not a person, though, who would ever want to appear to have it all together. ;)

I am drawn to blogs with discussions about books, homeschooling, movies. Bloggers that have a sense of humor and are able to show the funny side of life. It's generally common interests or trying to learn something new.

I'm in the midst of trying to write a book, plus I read alot (besides doing home school) So I frequent many author blogs and it's fun to talk with them and also see their responses to what I think about their books.

Homeschooling blogs let me see what everyone else is doing.

I have a long list of bloggers that I frequent weekly - very eclectic group - all listed on my sidebar if your curious.

I generally leave comments when I have something to say (positive of course. I try not to leave negative remarks) It's nice when folks leave comments on my blog because it lets me know they liked what I had to say, agree or disagree.

HTH

Robin

I like to read blogs whose authors live completely different lives than I do. It's refreshing. I also enjoy seeing what other homeschoolers are up to, and I'm a sucker for pictures of handknits. I tend to read blogs that offer variety; if every post is about homeschooling schedules or crafts or recipes, I probably won't visit very often.

I prefer clean, attractive blogs with nice photography. Words are fine, but I tend to glaze over when reading too much on the screen. Humor is nice, but I enjoy variety. All homeschooling or all decorating or all 'what we did today' gets pretty old. I like substantial content rather than the 'I went to the store, ds has a runny nose, dh came home late from work...' sort of stuff. :) I go for inspirational without bragging blogs, LOL.